autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Towel wringer (washing small MF towel loads)

I pre-clean many of my towels in a 5-gallon bucket, especially the really dirty/greasy ones. If I have under about 6-8 MF towels or so, which is too small a load and drives the automatic-load-balancing in the washer crazy, I wash them by hand (but use the dryer to dry them).

As I seem to be seeing the beginnings of arthritis in my hands (wringing towels can be painful at times), I wondered if anyone still made those old "laundry wringers," which are just a couple rollers with a compression adjustment between them, and you hand-crank the towel between the rollers to wring them out.

It turns out there are still a couple companies that make them. But they are ridiculously expensive.

AG even sells one (or maybe I should say, AG has them "in stock" but I'm not sure they sell any): Chamois & Towel Wringer, dynanet towel and chamois wringer, microfiber towel wringer
    For $195 !!!

The other ones I found, while not quite as expensive as AG's, are still in the $115-$150 range.

Is anyone aware of a less costly option? Or maybe the 12-14" wide rubber (or they might be urethane?) rollers are more costly than I think, and you couldn't make a wringer yourself for too much less than this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Towel wringer (washing small MF towel loads)

I can't believe that costs so much.. you can probably build one for 30 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Towel wringer (washing small MF towel loads)

For that kinda money I would just invest in a new washer that can handle small loads. My front end loader does fine with light small loads, and gets MFs very dry so that dry is very quick.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing