autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

FLEX 3401 package or no package

I purchased flex with out really doing all my homework as to what I needed ( ok wanted but you know how it is ;-) however after doing more research I've come to understand that a 4" backing plate with 5 inch pads are more manageable, can get the results your looking for easier. Please correct me if I got this wrong..
    I think package deals make sense considering I am buying a cut, polish , backing plate, pads and sealant & dvd. If I can save money then I should opt for a kit. Here is the one I already picked up. FLEX XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher Kit with Free FLEX Polisher Bag, FLEX Dual Action Polisher and storage bag, FLEX bag kit the package I got.
    However it don't have the products I am looking to get, and ones I don't necessarily need. Like a bag..
    1)Do I really need pad cleanser and conditioner. Are there cheeper better products if I need either of these?

Also going to pick up these LC hybrid 5" pads ( So I don't really need or any time i'd even use the larger pads ? Why do most all kits come with this size and type of LC pad? Aside from my curiosity with CCS pads, I understand they just don't cut or polish as well as the hybrids. Please let me known your thoughts on this.

I've been told that the DVD on the flex and his book on detailing would be a good investment however make sense to get them in a kit purchase rather than forking out more money. Have you found the free online resources are just as consice and helpful as the book and DVD?

So I know I am looking at menzerna cut and polish, and Wolfgang or Blackfire sealant if it better in some way . Sadly they don't have a create your own package... However these are a few other I am considering instead any thoughts? Thank I need to get this figured out and begin making my money go to work!!

WOLFGANG
    Love Wolfgang sealant used it in the past, any thoughts about the other products in here. Also this has backing plate i'm looking for , just not they hybrid pads.
    Wolfgang FLEX XC3401 Ultimate Polishing Kit

Flex XC3401 Hydro-Tech Essentials Kit
    This has the dvd and pad cleaner and conditioner once agin don't know if needed

MENZERNA
    I am already looking to get this exact cut FG400, and polish FG 4000. I am unfamiliar with Color Lock, I've read good things about Power Lock. Any thoughts, and once agin the pad cleaner is this worth the money? What other pad cleaners or just cleaners would work?
    Menzerna FLEX XC3401 Maximum Shine Kit

I am feeling like I should just pick up the Flex and products separate to avoid head ache ( NOTE TO MANAGEMENT create your own flex package would be a phenomenal feature!!!!). however I've already invested so much time and money that any saving I can receive would be great. Just don't want to try convince my self I'm saving money when paying for things I won't end up using.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FLEX 3401 package or no package

I hope this clarify's my questions.
    I feel like my previous post is too long and conveluded.
    Simple questions are
    is there a package that is worth purchasing for savings when buying the Flex 3401?
    Here are the item list I am fairly set purchasing unless you have other recommendation which are appreciated!
    menzerna cut FG400, and polish SF 4000
    Wolfgang sealant.
    LC 5" hybrid pads and
    4" backing plate.

I have found some of these items in packages just don't know if I really need some of the extras that would cut into any potential saving if i'm not using them. So...
    1) Should I just pick up the larger LC CCS pads in the kits instead of hybrids or buy them separately?
    2) Do I really need pad cleaner and conditioner?
    If yes which , do I need both or just one and what brand do you recomend ?
    If no what type of cleaner / soap should I use for pads?
    3) If i get the smaller backing plate which one do you recommend and why?

FLEX XC3401 Changeable Backing Plate System or
    FLEX XC3401 Mini 4 3/8 Backing Plate, FLEX)
    4) Which package would you recommend considering the item list, or would you recommend separate purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

call nick-he could probably help you out

Post Thanks / Like

saying I should look for nick-he and pm him?

Post Thanks / Like

The Menzerna kit has pretty everything you need to get started. I would call Nick and see if he could swap the color lock for PowerLock. Also see if he would swap the MF Bonnets for another polishing pad. You can just call and ask for him, he is awesome to deal with.