autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best overall WOWA for Longevity and Ease of Application?

Yep... I have 4 of the 5 discussed. The way BF and WG go on/off is INCREDIBLY easy!
    Haven't tried the Hydro-Max but on one vehicle thus far, so can't comment on longevity. OTOH I did give it a torture test by doing nothing but a quick rinseless on the hood of my daughter's Sportage in the driveway on Fathers Day. It was in the BLAZING SUN, rinsed twice, wiped clean, then did the torture test to see if HydroMax would smear etc. Seemed to take well from what I could see (being blinded by the freaking sun).

OTOH I'd not recommend HydrO2 so much. It takes quite a careful application to get it not to streak. Must start at the top, must not do but SMALL areas, must rinse THOROUGHLY, apply to a new section, work down, roof, (section 1, section 2 etc.), windows, hood (multiple sections), trunk, then front fender, door, back fender, and FINALY do the bumpers.

Takes a lot of spraying with a VERY small amount of product, even more rinsing, and after the fact you still have to dry. Then if even a small amount of it sat too long, was too strong, didn't get rinsed well enough, it'll STREAK LIKE CRAZY. (And the only way to get it off is to buff it!)

It's pretty cool though other than all the trouble it takes to get it right.

End of the day though I still prefer a WOWO sealant (even two coats sometimes, but still easy enough to put it on by machine and go over it twice the first time around). They just provide (IMO) a much more durable end result.

I know I had multiple coats of both BF and WG on my car last year when St. Augustine sprinkler water got on it and it eat through it in a matter of hours, and we caught it at breakfast.... long before any sun had gotten to the car(s). The paint was so etched from that hard water loaded with limestone and calcium that I ended up having to polish it (again) when we got home. Went with a coating again. (There was an older coating on it before/under the WOWA products, but none are a match for St. Augustine sprinkler water!)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best overall WOWA for Longevity and Ease of Application?

Just want to say thanks to all of you who replied.

I've told my buddy to go with WG. I've used UPGP before and it can be finicky (streaky) on black paint if too much is used, and I'm afraid my buddy might have a learning curve (will take him a while to realize just how little of this type of product is needed).

So, to keep it as goof proof as possible for him, WG it is. I should add that I get great results with UPGP myself. I'm just not sure it's the easiest product to use on black paint for a complete newbie.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Steve
    2014 Audi Q5 3.0T
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12