autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Pro Lite or Cquartz UK?

has anyone used ceramic pro lite and have any comparisons it would be to cquartz?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Pro Lite or Cquartz UK?

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you will find much CP talk here.......

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Ceramic Pro on my car and am really stoked with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this something you were going to install yourself OP?
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

i just started using Ceramic Pro Lite on wrapped cars, it is really easy to use. But.... it is a coating topper, it's designed to top 9H to increase shine and the hyrophobic properties of the coating. Cquartz UK will be a bit more durable and probably last longer.

this is from my limited experience with both products, others may have different opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@landrover View Post
    i just started using Ceramic Pro Lite on wrapped cars, it is really easy to use. But.... it is a coating topper, it's designed to top 9H to increase shine and the hyrophobic properties of the coating. Cquartz UK will be a bit more durable and probably last longer.

this is from my limited experience with both products, others may have different opinions.

I found the opposite with Lite. Very difficult to apply over 9H, did not want to flash in the stated time, streaked terribly, then finally flashed. Did not have any high spots but using 4 towels per panel meant I was wasting a lot of money.

The owners of the vehicles I've done have not been impressed with the anti-fouling or ease of cleaning and the maintenance is one of the benefits I highlight. Another installer said this has happened to him and to just recoat. Sorry, but not wasting my time recoating especially at my cost for the product, nor am I going to just slap on Sport to temporarily cover what should be good to begin with. I recoated one with CQ at the owners request, the other owner is satisfied, just wanted better cleaning ability.

Also not finding it to be any more scratch resistant than CQ or others.

In most cases I would chalk this up to a bad batch and try another bottle, but as a 'pro' product that costs a lot compared to other options, I have a hard time giving it another chance when cheaper options work so well.

I also find your comment about UK being more durable interesting...doesn't CP give a 2 year warranty with just Lite installed?

As in your case, just my limited experience with it. Clearly others have had success with it.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    I found the opposite with Lite. Very difficult to apply over 9H, did not want to flash in the stated time, streaked terribly, then finally flashed. Did not have any high spots but using 4 towels per panel meant I was wasting a lot of money.

The owners of the vehicles I've done have not been impressed with the anti-fouling or ease of cleaning and the maintenance is one of the benefits I highlight. Another installer said this has happened to him and to just recoat. Sorry, but not wasting my time recoating especially at my cost for the product, nor am I going to just slap on Sport to temporarily cover what should be good to begin with. I recoated one with CQ at the owners request, the other owner is satisfied, just wanted better cleaning ability.

Also not finding it to be any more scratch resistant than CQ or others.

In most cases I would chalk this up to a bad batch and try another bottle, but as a 'pro' product that costs a lot compared to other options, I have a hard time giving it another chance when cheaper options work so well.

I also find your comment about UK being more durable interesting...doesn't CP give a 2 year warranty with just Lite installed?

As in your case, just my limited experience with it. Clearly others have had success with it.
    i have not installed 9H yet, so i can not comment on how Lite applies over it.

the OP asked about Lite vs CQ UK.

from my understanding when talking with the Ceramic Pro rep, there is no warranty on just Lite (the bottle starts, protects up to 24 months). they have packages that carry a warranty only if the customer follows the guide lines of caring for the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I dont understand... Ceramic Pro has a "lifetime warranty" package. 4 layers of 9h, one layer of lite. If lite wears off in 2 years, now what happens? Loss of beading? Do they try to reapply that then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke View Post
    Here is what I dont understand... Ceramic Pro has a "lifetime warranty" package. 4 layers of 9h, one layer of lite. If lite wears off in 2 years, now what happens? Loss of beading? Do they try to reapply that then?

Requires annual maintenance, else warranty is limited to 5 years.

Repair damage, recoat or refund upto $1000 whichever is the least expensive at sole discretion of CP.

Sending you a lengthy PM shortly, need to dig up a previous essay I wrote on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast