This is my first post on the forum.

I recently placed an order with AG for a Flex 3401, Flex PE, and a host of cleaning tools, pads and product. A big thank you to AG for being patient and answering all my questions during my phone order.

A little about me: I used to spend hours detailing my cars and remember ordering Blackfire when it first came on market. BF, with my PC worked magic on my Honda Civic.

Over the years I've stopped detailing my cars since I got busy with life, and honestly I just didn't love any of my cars enough. That changed for a while a few years back with I bought my MINI Cooper S. But went away when I moved to BMW's. I just didn't connect with any of them.

I recently purchase a CPO Audi S4 with only 10k miles on it. O..M..G. That car makes me giggle like a little kid. It is an absolutely fantastic car. And with that love comes my desire to get back into detailing.

Having always loved BF products, I ordered with my Flex stuff the BF TPS and CPS. But more on these later as this is where I had my problem.

I first cleaned the tires with Griots rubber cleaner and the rims with Griot's HD cleaner followed by washing the car with BF shampoo. Then I used the Tar X bug remover for spot cleaning, and then lightly used the Nanoskin wash mit (blue fine) for the first time. Seriously, if you don't have one of these, get them. SOOOO much better than clay barring the car. I love how you can feel it working as you use it. Finally, I blew dry and wiped with the Cobra towel the car.

I then whipped out my new Flex 3401, put on a green (as recommended to me to use with the BF by AG), sprayed it with one spray of BF pad conditioner, primed the pad as shown in Phil's book, and started using it. However for the life of me, not matter how long I did a small section, I could never get the product to disappear and ended up having to buff.

Thinking I may have too much product on the pad, I pulled out another new green one, and proceeded to simply put a bit of product on the pad with no priming. Same thing. No matter how much or how littler product I used on the car, I could never get the product to disappear and always had to buff it off.

What am I doing wrong? Is it maybe the wrong pad? I started at one and worked the Flex up to a 5/6 as instructed.

I ended up discovering a huge screw in one of my new tires and promptly had to abandon detailing prior to the CS application as I had to go to Discount Tire for them to replace.

But I'd love your suggestions on what I may be doing wrong.

Pics after TPS but without the CS: