autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Drying Aids - thoughts and a question

So I have been battling water spots in my washing process for a while now. I heard some of you using "drying aids" and also saw Larry Kosilla's (Ammo NYC) video using his own drying aid. Well, his is a little pricey (as are his other products) so I opted to try out some XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer (Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer, quick detailer, detail spray, auto detailer, wax as you dry). I used it on my black 2008 Civic last week and wow. Not only do I feel like it helped prevent some water spots, but it also seemed to add in gloss and slickness. Not to mention feeling better about adding some lubricity during the drying phase. On top of all this IT SMELLS AMAZING!!! Probably the best smelling car detailing product I have personally used...haha.

I do have a question though. I can see using this up fairly quickly and it's not super cheap at $20 for 32 ounces. So I diluted it about 1:1. Do you guys dilute your drying aids? If so, what ratio or does it just depend on the product? Well, I just wanted to share and thank you guys for sharing some of your knowledge and tips!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying Aids - thoughts and a question

if you dilute a product down and use it on a wet car (assuming ithat you're) , it's going to dilute down even more. I like to use a QD/Spray wax on a semi dry vehicle after it's been blown dry as much as possible...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I would dilute it using distilled water otherwise you might have water spots even after using it. Not 100% sure if it would happen but just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try a less expensive alternative, like Meguiar's Quick Detailer (which you can pickup at Walmart or local autostore). Even better, Meguiar's D155. You can get a 128oz container from Autogeek for $18.
    It's more than a car...Keep it clean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    if you dilute a product down and use it on a wet car (assuming ithat you're) , it's going to dilute down even more. I like to use a QD/Spray wax on a semi dry vehicle after it's been blown dry as much as possible...
    How necessary do you think it is to use a drying aide and can you use a spray wax as drying aid on a coated car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asalesagent912 View Post
    How necessary do you think it is to use a drying aide and can you use a spray wax as drying aid on a coated car?
    can't speak for a coated car, but since I use a blower to dry my car I always like to follow up with a QD and/or Spray wax to get any left over droplets and possibly any spots that I might have missed when washing...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Duragloss Aquawax. I've used it on both coated and waxed cars and it is quite nice. Doesn't do much on a coated car but it does make any spots disappear with a swipe of a towel.

In the summer, I needed something for my 3 year black car in Arizona experiment. A few squirts made all the difference when the garage was over 100.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D114 (1:100) in a spray bottle work excellent as drying aid

Post Thanks / Like

I just spray my guzzlers down with a spray wax (liberaly). What do you guys think?
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Been dabling in drying aids as of late. PB spray & gloss is a good one. If you want to amp up the protection, PRIMA WAX AS U DRY hands down. The best in the catagory. Solid protection. ECO TOUCH spray wax is another good one. BUT......Found out yesterday after using DP POWER WASH & WAX soap, it left the finish amazingly slick and protected! My ww drying towel just glided over the paint! No spots/streaking/smearing on the glass or paint. The soap is not cheap, but IMO that is really all you need to BOOST your current LSP.

Prima Hydro Wax As You Dry Spray, spray wax

Detailer’s Power Wash, foaming wash and wax

Poorboy’s Spray & Gloss: Spray & Gloss is a quick detailer with superior gloss enhancing properties. quick spray, poorboys gloss spray, poorboys spray
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast