autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SunJoe 3000 vs. AR383ss or AR390

Which one would you recommend? is the AR less desirable because of the proprietary fittings, e.g. Is it a pain to have to order parts?

i am asking again because a number of you indicated that you had bought one of these in the last 3 months. I'd love to hear from you that bought one in addition to anyone with experience and opinions.

Thanks

David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe 3000 vs. AR383ss or AR390

Is the AR less desirable because of the fittings? In a word, yes.

While I think the 390SS is a well-designed machine and it seems very stout, I'm thinking of selling mine off after only a few uses. First, I'm not a big fan of the plastic outer case (on ANY of the current electrics that have a case), and the hose reel -- perhaps because of the case -- is necessarily mounted a bit too high, causing the unit to be tippy when you come to the end of the ~20 foot hose while working around a car. The hose itself seems to be pretty good and it unwinds easily enough but it has crazy memory and constantly re-loops and gets tangled on itself, reducing its effective length while in use. Electrics are easy to move around so I don't need a 50 foot hose, but 25 would be nice, especially if it stayed straight.

At this point I'm thinking of selling it for half what I paid and eating the rest, and getting the GreenWorks 2000 from Lowes. The GreenWorks trades a plastic case for a simple steel frame like most gas units have, with the pump down low and the reel directly above. The hose looks similar to that on the AR, but with M22 fittings at either end, allowing me to get a better, more flexible PU hose like a Flexzilla. I thought I did my homework but I didn't realize the AR's hose would tick me off so much, and because of the connectors it can't be swapped for something better.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Sun Joe SPX3000 and so far I'm liking it. The only thing I'd recommend is getting a metal female coupler where the garden hose attaches rather than the plastic one that came with it. The plastic one works okay but started leaking after a few uses.

The hose that came with it works well but 25 ft wasn't long enough for me so I got a 50 ft hose. Compared to the 50 ft hose that I bought the original 25 ft hose has a lot less memory issues and is much more flexible.

I've used mine for six months and haven't had any issues with it so far. *fingers crossed* I'll probably buy another one at the end of the year as a backup. At $200 if they last 12 months I'll be more than satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like

got me a Sun JoeSPX3000 at HD last week sale for $159. I like it because 2000psi/1.7gpm is adequate for auto washing. It also got standard coupler (M22 and 1/4 QC). No Proprietary BS connectors like the AR(which i also own). I like electric PW because it's so quiet. Pulled the trigger and it's on. Let off the trigger and it's off. No more engine humming like the gas version (which i also own this one NorthStar Gas Cold Water Pressure Washer — 3.5 GPM, 4000 PSI, Honda Engine, Model# 15782020 | Gas-Cold Water Pressure Washers| Northern Tool + Equipment )

Post Thanks / Like

Your comments suggest the sun joe may be the way to go. HD now carries it.

Any other electric models in this price and performance range the audience would recommend?

Thanks for the feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

GreenWorks 2000 psi I mentioned above. Seen it recommended a few times before but thought the AR might be better. Like I said, the AR seems well made overall, but the quibbles I noted above have me recommending against it. For some of us, $200 is a decent chunk of change, so due diligence is part of the process. I certainly hope a $200 tool would last more than a year!
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    GreenWorks 2000 psi I mentioned above. Seen it recommended a few times before but thought the AR might be better. Like I said, the AR seems well made overall, but the quibbles I noted above have me recommending against it. For some of us, $200 is a decent chunk of change, so due diligence is part of the process. I certainly hope a $200 tool would last more than a year!
    I used to have a GreenWorks power washer. I had the 1950psi unit from Lowe's. I went thru several of them over three years. One had electrical issues (only would turn off if unplugged) and two had water pumps die. I ended up taking the Lowe's store credit and buying a gas pressure washer. I can't fully recommend the Greenworks based on my experience with the 1950 psi unit.

I wonder if the 2000 psi unit uses completely different internals than the 1950psi unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know, thanks!
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Northerntool to pick up some couplers for my SunJoe and notice this on sale...Mighty Clean Electric Pressure Washer — 1.5 GPM, 1,800 PSI, Model# MC1800N | Electric-Cold Water Pressure Washers| Northern Tool + Equipment ...I looks well built, funtional, and with all standard connectors. This remind me of the kranzle style PW. For $149, i'd totally get this one. There is always a $20 coupon floating somewhere on the internet you can use to make this PW $129. Free shipping to store. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

The sunjoe hose is only 20ft and way too short for my liking but it is very flexible. Probably the best hose of any electric pw since it has no memory and will not curl up like those pvc type hoses.

At the same time, not having a hose reel is a pita so I bought a karcher.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast