autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cordless Polisher?

Hello
    I was just wondering if there is a cordless polisher that you guys recommend?

My car is in a parking ramp and I don't have access to an outlet but I'd like to hit some parts with a polisher now and then.

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cordless Polisher?

Any corded polisher of your choice and a Honda EU1000i generator
    There are a couple units out there (Griots cordless DA for one) but nothing yet with any decent power or runtime.

Post Thanks / Like

Milwaukee makes one. Would be good for touch ups, but not a whole car.

Milwaukee 2438-22 M12 Cordless Lithium-Ion Variable Speed Polisher-Sander Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luciddaydream View Post
    Hello
    I was just wondering if there is a cordless polisher that you guys recommend?

My car is in a parking ramp and I don't have access to an outlet but I'd like to hit some parts with a polisher now and then.

Do you have a buddy/relative where you can borrow their driveway & an outlet for a few hours?

Post Thanks / Like

The runtime on the cordless is a killer. Probably need a box of batteries to a small car. Atleast a few batteries to touch up a panel or hood. A colleague bought the griots one to use on his Boxter. After one use he returned it; run time and power were lackluster. He is using my old PC now.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased A Griots Cordless last December. Since then my PC & Flex have been on vacation. I purchased the two battery kit figuring I'd need both....wrong. I've done my Honda Odyssey numerous times and only twice needed to use the second battery. I took it on a road trip with two batteries in the rear storage well of the C7 convertible to do a relative's new Benz and my sisters Lexus. No problem with one battery for each.
    I use it as a AOI spreader. If I need correction I'd grab the Flex. Not having a cord dragging around is great....I'd buy it again in a heart beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    I purchased A Griots Cordless last December. Since then my PC & Flex have been on vacation. I purchased the two battery kit figuring I'd need both....wrong. I've done my Honda Odyssey numerous times and only twice needed to use the second battery. I took it on a road trip with two batteries in the rear storage well of the C7 convertible to do a relative's new Benz and my sisters Lexus. No problem with one battery for each.
    I use it as a AOI spreader. If I need correction I'd grab the Flex. Not having a cord dragging around is great....I'd buy it again in a heart beat.
    Good to know. First positive review I've read.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post

I own the Griot's also. It's great!