autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wax for black paint

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    IMO, there is no "best" wax for black. There are lots of good waxes. But I am in the camp that believes wax is for protection only, and that shine comes from making the paint smooth and defect-free.

I agree that which wax doesn't matter as long as you have polished the car out properly and have gotten rid of all the swirls. Wax doesn't create shine, polish does. Wax protects shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Ultimate Wax.

I used it a few times on my wife's black RAV4 which is single stage paint, factory original.
    Easy to find OTC

I'm not one to buy expensive waxes being most last three months, if that.

My favorite lsp on the black paint is Wolfgang Glossy Paint Sealant.
    Super shiny.
    Last months
    Leaves the paint super slick.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for 845.

On a well polished surface the look is amazing. The 6-month durability is an added bonus I don't think you'll get from some of higher carnauba content products.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It almost seems redundant to keep reporting that polishing paint (through friction) is one of the ways to help increase the paint's smoothness and, therefore, by default:
    Its glossiness.

But I'm happy to report that the number of people that are in denial about Sacrificial Barriers (Waxes, as well as other LSPs) not being able to also increase the visual appearance of a paint's finish: including its clarity, reflectiveness, slickness, wet-looking gloss and shine---even certain much sought after "beading effects"...
    is decreasing, exponentially, each and every day.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    It almost seems redundant to keep reporting that polishing paint (through friction) is one of the ways to help increase the paint's smoothness and, therefore, by default:
    Its glossiness.

But I'm happy to report that the number of people that are in denial about Sacrificial Barriers (Waxes, as well as other LSPs) not being able to also increase the visual appearance of a paint's finish: including its clarity, reflectiveness, slickness, wet-looking gloss and shine---even certain much sought after "beading effects"...
    is decreasing, exponentially, each and every day.

Bob
    I like to think of it like cake and frosting. Frosting is nothing but a bowl of sickeningly sweet goo unless it has a well baked cake to be applied. It takes both together for the magic to happen. Different types of frosting can create different textures and flavors on identical cakes.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I like to think of it like cake and frosting. Frosting is nothing but a bowl of sickeningly sweet goo unless it has a well baked cake to be applied. It takes both together for the magic to happen. Different types of frosting can create different textures and flavors on identical cakes.

mmmmmmmmmm ... Cake

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Wax changes the paint, and to my eye for the better. I still am not happy with the candy gloss of some sealants. It is like some people prefer a matt finish. I just prefer a warm sweet glow. It's my thing and I can wash it any way I want to. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

On my hood right now I have BLACKFIRE Black Ice, Collinite 845, HD Poxy, Pinnacle Souveran, Meguiars Black Wax, and Optimum Car wax in different sections... All known to be very good black car waxes. I will honestly tell you though that there is very little difference between them. However I'm a carnauba guy so my favorite is probably either Pinnacle Souveran or Optimum Car Wax, although the sheeting and durability of Black Ice is fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by binly View Post
    On my hood right now I have BLACKFIRE Black Ice, Collinite 845, HD Poxy, Pinnacle Souveran, Meguiars Black Wax, and Optimum Car wax in different sections... All known to be very good black car waxes. I will honestly tell you though that there is very little difference between them. However I'm a carnauba guy so my favorite is probably either Pinnacle Souveran or Optimum Car Wax, although the sheeting and durability of Black Ice is fantastic.

Keep us updated on the durability of each product.

Thanks
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123