autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Crystal Coat

Looks great! My truck is currently quarantined for the 24 hour curing time that BF Crystal Coat requires. I hope my truck looks as good as your vette does!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbmag1 View Post
    Nice work, also from the NPR area.
    Ty - Hit me up sometime with a pm. Always nice to meet other detailers in the forums and in my area.

Rsurfer - Nice before and after shots. Does BCC feel slick after applying?

Ty - I think Opti gloss-coat feels the slickest when leveling high spots. The BF did not feel slick during the leveling of high spots but after curing it was smooth as glass.

HateSwirls - I ordered more today from AG.
    It's that good folks!

lol - I am also addicted to ordering stuff from autogeek. I was happy to see the applicator hard as nails afterwards and the melted glass look.

RottenII - Gotta love perfect black paint. Great work!

Ty - I agree nothing looks better than blk paint when its done right.

Krwtek1 - Looks great! My truck is currently quarantined for the 24 hour curing time that BF Crystal Coat requires. I hope my truck looks as good as your vette does!

Congratulations on getting your truck done! If you like the melted glass look you will love the way your truck looks. The BF coating did cure a little slower than Cquartz UK. When my client first looked at his car all done he said holy sh-t

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to say that i was skeptical about coatings until now. Amazing job, have to order my own bottle of that stuff.

Are you sure you can do 3 cars? How much time you can storage the product once its open?

Post Thanks / Like

That IMG_3011 after picture looks beyond a perfect paint to me.
    Very glossy and mirror effect

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemex View Post
    Have to say that i was skeptical about coatings until now. Amazing job, have to order my own bottle of that stuff.

Are you sure you can do 3 cars? How much time you can storage the product once its open?
    My full size crew cab truck with cap used less than 1/3 of the 4 ounce bottle. Being the first time i applied a coating i was probrably a little heavy handed.

Post Thanks / Like

Ty - and coatings are the real deal. Put a popsickle stick in a coating and one in a wax/sealant see what you get the next day. One will be a slimy stick and one will harden into a hard as nails glass popsickle. I think Renny Doyle said that first.
    3 cars should be no problem maybe more and storage is questionable as it gets hard when exposed to air. Make sure the bottle is closed good.

Mask - That IMG_3011 after picture looks beyond a perfect paint to me.
    Very glossy and mirror effect

Ty - Corvettes can have crazy hard clear coats and this one was like kryptonite. Day one was 10 hrs of compounding and i was one sore dude the next day. I did end up with some great mirror image pics. Black paint gives the best mirror image. It wasn't all perfect, the nose has alot of rock chips but the spots with good paint turned out perfect. I chased every tiny defect over and over under good lights for a hefty amount of hours.

Krwtek1 - My full size crew cab truck with cap used less than 1/3 of the 4 ounce bottle. Being the first time i applied a coating i was probrably a little heavy handed.

-- Its very easy to get heavy handed with this bottle. It comes out faster than any i have used yet. How did your truck turn out? If the prep turned out good i am sure you are happy. I am amazed to hear some people on here say they dont like the melted glass look. I love the look and love the no maintenance for 2 years. My truck has zero swirls on it after coating it a few months ago and i onr wash it all the time.

A couple more pics to show the before and a couple of those black mirrors. The first two mirror pics are finished with Wolfgang Deep gloss sealant topped with Wolfgang Fuzion 3 months ago after a compounding marathon. The last two melted glass looking pics are the Blackfire Crystal Coat. Finished a couple days ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackfire Crystal Coat-img_2977-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat-img_2979-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat-img_3041-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat-2008-corvette-hood-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat-2008-corvette-blackfire-crystal-coat-jpg   Blackfire Crystal Coat-img_5093-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

What happens if you get some coating on black trim or black molding??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    What happens if you get some coating on black trim or black molding??
    Most coatings will list the surfaces they can be put on and some are almost everything then some its just paint. If it just says paint coating i would only put it on what it says. Always follow directions. Bf crystal paint coat does not list any other surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

looks great Jeff!

Post Thanks / Like

You can coat three cars easily.
    I did three plus a Harley, still have enough coating to do the bike I'll get come Monday.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast