autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Step Corrections

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Yep, D151... the pink stuff! It'll finish down just fine, AND it has a wax/sealant built in.

You *can* top it with pretty much any sealant type product as well.
    The only down side (if you could call it that) is it only comes in gallon jugs.

OTOH, if you're willing to do any of the plethora of stand alone LSP's the I also agree with the others in that FG400 is good, REALLY good. (Better than you'd ever think a heavy cut compound would EVER have the right to be.) The cool part is you can start it with an orange pad, then finish it with a white or blue pad... just in case you want that extra 'pop'.
    So would you say the D151 does a better job than this? The Meguiars all professional cleaner wax I have been using! So, just to be clear, the D151 is an all in one cleaner wax?

I was looking for a good all in one cleaner wax to use on my customers vehicles. I like the fact D151 comes in gallon size. I just buy some extra 16 ounze bottles and a pump for the gallon size to fill smaller bottles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One Step Corrections-1428117751751-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

D151 offers more correction than M6. I have had good success with Meguiar's white wax as a one step. It's an AIO but uses the same SMAT abrasives that are found in M101. It has decent durability.

Here's a good write up for it.

The power of White Wax

I just used Meguiar's D300 on the new Meguiar's thin burgundy foam cutting disc and that finished LSP ready. The paint on the car I used it on was on the medium side. The same pad finished LSP ready when I had to get a little more aggressive using M101.

Post Thanks / Like

Another option is HD Speed. I would say it's on the upper side of cut when it comes to an AIO.
    I'm still waiting to kill my old school Menz FAJ before I take on a new one which in it's day cuts great for an AIO.
    inDetail, "It's all in the details."

Post Thanks / Like

I hear a ton about the Menzerna 3 in 1 being high in cut. Worth a look. Will be in my next purchase

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by binly View Post
    I hear a ton about the Menzerna 3 in 1 being high in cut. Worth a look. Will be in my next purchase
    According to their website it has the same level as cut as PF2500, which is a medium cut polish I use often for 1-stepping VW paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of D151. I keep reading about how amazing Menzerna polishes are, will have to try them when I run out of Meguiar's products. Thing is, it take A LONG TIME to go through a gallon on polish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by binly View Post
    Used Menzerna 3 in 1 on my white Vette along with Menerna CL and she turned out nice. When sun comes out I will take pics.

Car was not in that bad of shape but the AIO worked out nice. The CL was a breeze to put on and take off. I used my Griots cordless polisher for CL and had the whole car applied in about 10 min.

I let AIO on for about 10 mins as per Mike then took it off, as with all wax , sealant thin a coating is in

This was after wash, Iron X, clay, wash..

Post Thanks / Like

Is Meguiar's White Wax stronger than D151?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    Did you use the D151 or GG6 to remove those scratches? Also, what the heck is GG6? Lol
    It was D151. Sorry, the GG6 is the Griot's DA.

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down Megs D151. For one step corrections this has the highest amount of cut. Unless something new has recently came out. (havent been on in a while) Its my go to all in one. I havent tried the wolfgang one yet though as im sure that one would prob be a little better. But for the price you cant beat D151.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast