autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer ?

How many of you use a pressure washer to wash your ride? I generally was my car using the 2 bucket method. I recently bought a pressure washer for general cleaning around the house. But it's nice to remove the initial heavy grime from the vehicle. My question is will the pressure washer effect the durability of my sealant / wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer ?

Brandin10,
    Since I just recently purchased an electric pressure washer and have used it a few times on my ride, I will guess at an answer. I would say, as long as you keep the nozzle relatively at a safe distance, lsp issues shouldn't be an issue. However, I'm sure you'll agree, holding the nozzle close to achieve a higher level of dirt removal is almost irresistable.
    I would guess holding the nozzle too close would push a wax around. As far as sealants and coatings, I have no clue; I can't even guess.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your new pressure washer though. It's satisfying to see dirt blasted out from between bady panels, seems, wheel wells, wheels, etc where a hose just wasn't as effective.
    It's too much fun. I'll trade some lsp issues for the benefits of a pressure washer anyday. See my signature. I believe a pressure washer does a more thorough job than a hose IME.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09