autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cg blacklight & v7 spray sealant

Read this packed quite the punch back in the day. Blacklight topped with the V7 spray sealant. Any one use this combo?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cg blacklight & v7 spray sealant

I have,

Looks amazing, especially on black/dark vehicles. Maybe top 1 or 2 in looks of products I've tried. It's seriously that jaw dropping, to me at least.

Longevity is the absolute killer. I don't get a month out of it, regardless of the season.

V7 Is just not a great spray sealant for longevity. The underlying blacklight doesn't hold its looks for me either, even if I reapply after my weekly washes.

Great for a car show, not for a DD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Read this packed quite the punch back in the day. Blacklight topped with the V7 spray sealant. Any one use this combo?
    Let's hope someone chimes in and give us some (hopefully positive) reinforcement on these products. They've been on my radar for quite some time, and I almost pulled the trigger yesterday. The reviews have been, for the greater part, very positive. I have a few lines (products, methods) already in my pocket, but I am very intrigued with this combo. I like the ease of use and results that have been reported. I'm glad you started this thread pro, and look forward to the responses. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

I used these products a lot when I had a darker color car. Looks are awesome, and the V7 really excels at slickness. That's what I liked most about it. Like the above posts said, it has very limited durability, it's more of a topper than a true sealant. BL has some sealant properties, buts basically a glaze, not an LSP that will last very long if it's only paired with a topper like V7 or any of the other CG synthetic detail sprays.

Where these products come into their own is when you use a sealant or wax after the BL and then top that off with the V7 after your regular wash routine. I've used paste waxes over blacklight and proper sealants like BFWD and WGDGPS, all with excellent results.

Post Thanks / Like

Cg blacklight & v7 spray sealant

For an LSP - these products are not great. V7 is a great QD - but it doesn't bead worth crap. BL is a decent glaze - but it's no polish or sealant.

If you want to go with CGs - go with BL topped by Petes 53.

I've used and own both.

Post Thanks / Like

I have and use both BL and V7. And will continue to use them both. But only if I can get them on sale at a good price.

BL is great for in between polishes and read somewhere smack used it as a very light polish with great results. Something I'll try towards the middle of the year. Since it's a glaze, it obviously doesn't last very long but looks great.

V7 is a great QD, great drying aid, little streaking and even cleans glass. I've heard you can cut it 1:1, but haven't done that yet. Like Rmd said, it leaves your paint very slick. As far as beading goes, not the best, but just because it isn't beading doesn't mean it isn't protecting the paint. It means V7 has different properties from regular/better sealants, probably because it's more of a QD than sealant I suppose. I'd recommend using a different LSP.

When I use BL I:
    1. Wash
    2. Decon
    3. Machine apply BL
    4. Remove BL with V7 help
    5. Apply LSP

Post Thanks / Like

It almost...almost...amazes me how quickly some combos (like this one) goes from being considered a Thoroughbred, to being considered a proverbial Bobtail-Nag.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased both products and have yet to try them. I also picked-up some CG jet seal 109. Would the longevity of the blacklight be better if it was topped with the jetseal??

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it on my then Toyota Highlander. It looked awesome, but then it rained...goodbye CG LSP! I have tried three CG products and found that like Turtle Wax ice wax, they rinse right off in the rain. I even tried their acrylic spray sealant and water takes it right off...very sad.

Post Thanks / Like

thats all i use on my black truck

always start with blacklight, then do a coat of jetseal and finish with petes 53

wipe down with v07

Great results every time on black! its my "go to" when i detail my truck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast