autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about Dry Me Crazy

I'm really interested in the Dry Me Crazy towel; with so much love it can't just be hype. My issue is the price, so I would only be willing to buy one large one (or maybe 2 of the small ones)

My main concerns/questions:
    1. Does it have to be washed separate from everything? That's I would hate to hand wash a towel every time I hand wash my car.

2. Is it a good choice for rinseless washes? I use ONR but after I use the last few ounces I am going to D114 if this is relevant information. Would the smaller towel be better?

3. I suppose the most important would be: is this a durable towel I can expect to last a long time?

I appreciate everyone's input.

Connor
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about Dry Me Crazy

They are IMO the best drying towels out there period. I do not worry about scratches or swirls as they are extremely soft. As for separating them from other MF towels...no I have not had any issues. I stick them all in the same wash with my MF towels and again, no issues.

I have the large towel and the 16 x 16. Both are great. I prefer the 16 x 16 as it dries very well and you have more control.

As for durability, I have not had any issues with my towels and I beat them up.

If there is a glitch in these towels is that it takes a little longer to dry as they are water absorbent.
    I say try a couple and see.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    They are IMO the best drying towels out there period. I do not worry about scratches or swirls as they are extremely soft. As for separating them from other MF towels...no I have not had any issues. I stick them all in the same wash with my MF towels and again, no issues.

I have the large towel and the 16 x 16. Both are great. I prefer the 16 x 16 as it dries very well and you have more control.

As for durability, I have not had any issues with my towels and I beat them up.

If there is a glitch in these towels is that it takes a little longer to dry as they are water absorbent.
    I say try a couple and see.
    How many 16" x 16" are used to dry a car?
    And when you say takes longer to dry you mean while laundering right?

Post Thanks / Like

i started out with the big towel. i can dry my wife's Q5 with just that. i just lay the towel out and lightly pat it and on vertical panels i fold it accordingly, depending on the area, and touch it to the surface. zaps all the water. it's a sensational product.

interesting question about getting two of the smaller towels. i honestly don't know. i guess i'd lean toward getting two smaller towels or at least one big and one small. wow that's a hard choice.

for me....i know two towels, independent of size, is almost a necessity because i hang dry mine and that can take a while. so it's nice to have a backup. plus, if you are working and have speed in mind without effective quality, two towels will work better because eventually, esp. if you don't flood, on most vehicles you'll have to wring it out here and there. having two towels would cut down that time and also you'd have two towels starting fresh over the course of the drying process.

oh, for rinseless...this is an ideal towel for that too.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    i started out with the big towel. i can dry my wife's Q5 with just that. i just lay the towel out and lightly pat it and on vertical panels i fold it accordingly, depending on the area, and touch it to the surface. zaps all the water. it's a sensational product.

interesting question about getting two of the smaller towels. i honestly don't know. i guess i'd lean toward getting two smaller towels or at least one big and one small. wow that's a hard choice.

for me....i know two towels, independent of size, is almost a necessity because i hang dry mine and that can take a while. so it's nice to have a backup. plus, if you are working and have speed in mind without effective quality, two towels will work better because eventually, esp. if you don't flood, on most vehicles you'll have to wring it out here and there. having two towels would cut down that time and also you'd have two towels starting fresh over the course of the drying process.

oh, for rinseless...this is an ideal towel for that too.
    I don't do other people's cars very often, so a long drying time is too big a deal. That's crazy that you can dry a Q5 with the larger towel, it's small compared to other drying towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down the best that I've ever used and have. I have plenty of MFT edgeless, TRC edgeless, CarPro Boa's which are all very good. But the MM DMC is Amazing. I have 6 16x16's. I typically dry with my Metro SideKick and blot whatever's left with the DMC . They are thick, soft and made extremely well. Once you use one the price of them will become irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    How many 16" x 16" are used to dry a car?
    And when you say takes longer to dry you mean while laundering right?
    1 or 2.

1 when I am using a blower

2 when I am not. My car is not that large. I would assume more with a larger vehicle.

As for drying...yes I have to put them in the dryer a little longer as they take a little longer to dry. My guess they are so water absorbent.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Hands down the best that I've ever used and have. I have plenty of MFT edgeless, TRC edgeless, CarPro Boa's which are all very good. But the MM DMC is Amazing. I have 6 16x16's. I typically dry with my Metro SideKick and blot whatever's left with the DMC . They are thick, soft and made extremely well. Once you use one the price of them will become irrelevant.
    I use a Metro Sidekick when I do traditional washes too. Have you tried using the 16x16s to dry a car using just the towels?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Could easily do a mid to small car with one towel. Especially with paint that has good LSP, the water left over from free rinsing is minimal. I also have a couple other towels that are a little bigger, but they just don't maneuver well. The 16x16's feel best to me.

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast