autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Keeping hands warm this winter while detailing

What are you guys sporting when it comes to detailing outside when it's bloody cold? I'm currently doubling up nitrile gloves (1 thick/1 thin) but doesn't help much when wetsanding a lot. I have thin running gloves but they're not waterproof and still too big to fit a a nitrile glove over them. Body and head is no problem as compression shirt/pants and beanie can keep the wind and cold out for the most part. Tomorrow's high is about 34 degrees and 20+ mph gusts and customer had no garage so it's going to be brutal to say the least. Suggestions?
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keeping hands warm this winter while detailing

Quote Originally Posted by g35_coupe View Post
    What are you guys sporting when it comes to detailing outside when it's bloody cold? I'm currently doubling up nitrile gloves (1 thick/1 thin) but doesn't help much when wetsanding a lot. I have thin running gloves but they're not waterproof and still too big to fit a a nitrile glove over them. Body and head is no problem as compression shirt/pants and beanie can keep the wind and cold out for the most part. Tomorrow's high is about 34 degrees and 20+ mph gusts and customer had no garage so it's going to be brutal to say the least. Suggestions?
    its gonna be 8 degrees in the morning! When it's that cold I don't think anything will help. By the way I'm in mustang. Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

We've been out there pushing it everyday in this nastiness. Gloves over gloves and know when its time to get in the mobile unit and warm up. Push through it and know in a month or two it'll get better! Also putting gloves and hat on dash with defrost on from job to job is nice..... warms and dries them.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

1: Wear multiple layers of nitrile gloves and dunk them under warm water in a bucket, then dry immediately.
    2: Wear nitrile gloves below fingerless mittens. Mittens are much warmer than gloves.
    3: Wear thin gloves below a seat of heavy duty nitrile gloves that can be found at home depot.

Post Thanks / Like

SealSkinz gloves come recommended from the Great White North. I have not tried them yet. This time of year I use warm water when possible. I also rely on a foam cannon/pressure wash touchless, followed by a waterless. I do however have the luxury of picking my days since I am not a professional. Tomorrows high here is 23 F with gusts to 40mph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    its gonna be 8 degrees in the morning! When it's that cold I don't think anything will help. By the way I'm in mustang. Kyle
    Hey, nice to see another local in here! Yeah the wind chill over the last 4-5 days is tough even if I have to the mailbox.

expdetailing--I just remembered I have a pair of longer nitrile gloves from Home Depot at home. I may try to triple up some hand protection tomorrow. Thanks for jogging my memory!
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

I have been searching for the right glove for 3 years and Nitrile gloves are the only thing I have found and they suck! I go straight from washing, drying, working to the generator or pressure washer exhaust. That hot air warms your hands instantly.
    PCB Reflections LLC
    Specializing in Corrections and Protection
    Servicing Greenville SC & Surrounding Areas

Post Thanks / Like

I also have employed a 50,000 BTU Kerosene forced air heater this winter. It has made washing much more tolerable!

Post Thanks / Like

How about neoprene gloves. Would they work? It's diving suit material and saw some ice fishing gloves made of it to while looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    How about neoprene gloves. Would they work? It's diving suit material and saw some ice fishing gloves made of it to while looking.
    Been using Neoprene gloves for years in the winter for washing and drying--nice thing is they keep you hands warm, but allow you to work well as they are form fitting.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...igin=mens-home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast