autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpro reload

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro reload

The description on carpros website says that this can be used as a spray wax. I thought it was just a cquartz topper. Has anyone used this solely as a spray wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro reload

Reload is a little tricky to use but the new formula should be better Google it and watch a few videos..
    I like it I think it's good on metal flake
    And yes it's a good stand alone product

Post Thanks / Like

it can be used as a stand alone, just follow the directions, or you can shoot Corey and email and he will tell you exactly how to do it. people that were getting the streaking and things like that were using way to much product. a little goes a long way with this one as well

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO:
    Coatings should never have to have a "topper"...Seriously!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    IMHO:

Bob
    It doesn't make much sense does it

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO:

Bob
    Yeah, but.....

One of Reload's purposes is to protect a CQuartz Coating after it's application against possible water spotting until the Coating is fully cured. Also lengthens even further, the longevity of CQuartz Coatings.

I know many say that you harm a coating's inherit properties by using toppers, but for sure, and no matter what product you might use to protect, usually after a wash a paint finish can often not have that "just waxed-sealed-coated look", there can be remnants of towel lint, slight films or road oils-grimes left behind, slight water spotting, and while yes, the coating is there protecting, the vehicle still kind of looks like ass.

Dark colors seem typical to show this quite a bit more, where you see "everything".

I seems to make some sense to "keep it in the family" so to speak, that with whatever coating product one may choose, to look to that brand for a lesser maintainence product to go with.

In the instance of others, let's say I was a user of GTechniq's iine like C1 and EXO, I myself would probably look to their products again like Silo-Seal, or C2V3 for periodic, or after wash maintainence.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro reload

IMHO:

Bob

Don't forget about special shampoos. It seems so funny to me that coatings are supposed to be resistant to this, that, and the other thing...But many of them sell you some special shampoo to wash it with. Like if you use some Maxi Suds II or something the coating will get messed up. Based on the claims you should be able to wash your car with APC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Yeah, but.....

One of Reload's purposes is to protect a CQuartz Coating after it's application against possible water spotting until the Coating is fully cured. Also lengthens even further, the longevity of CQuartz Coatings.

I know many say that you harm a coating's inherit properties by using toppers, but for sure, and no matter what product you might use to protect, usually after a wash a paint finish can often not have that "just waxed-sealed-coated look", there can be remnants of towel lint, slight films or road oils-grimes left behind, slight water spotting, and while yes, the coating is there protecting, the vehicle still kind of looks like ass.
    So are you saying that Marketers need to hype their Coating "toppers" as more of being an ass-wipe?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

So are you saying that Marketers need to hype their Coating "toppers" as more of being an ass-wipe?

Bob
    Not sure what you meant, but, "if" these coatings are purported to be so durable and tough, so long lasting, that such as UV, washings won't take them off, then will any simple topper like a detailer spray, WOWA, sealant, wax remove them?

I've yet see a protectant science in 45 years that can come along, and that within 2 weeks time, a car doesn't look like it's never been detailed since bought new.

Yet to see one product ever made shrug a white out dust storm like we often get here, and after, the vehicle looks like I just spent a weekend on it detailing.

As for car soaps, they're supposedly so gentle, ph balanced, bla bla bla, and that high concentrations of Dawn Liquid probably won't effect them short term, then what is the reasoning that certain soaps be used, or not used? Probably because lots of soaps one buys are doped with all kinds of goofy ingredients. Silicones most likely.

As I understand it, Silicones are in Dawn Dishwashing Liquid as well. It's what makes your dishes shine so nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what you mean. I think what was being said is why does a coating need a topper if the coating basically a layer of glass. I guess the topper is to make it look shiny when it starts to dull. Shouldn't be for durability right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast