autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse sealant layering weekly

Quote Originally Posted by PBoy View Post
    Do you think you could tell a difference between KSG & AW or DG 105 & AW on a well prepped vehicle?

Trick question
    Well I do have all of the products but honestly, probably not. Prep is everything but I will say this, the 1st time I used KSG I was blown away as I had basically only used Meg's products to that point, a lot of them and KSG was all new, from how it looked in the bottle, how to apply/remove it and lastly, how it really looked once applied,especially that 2nd coat

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well I do have all of the products but honestly, probably not. Prep is everything but I will say this, the 1st time I used KSG I was blown away as I had basically only used Meg's products to that point, a lot of them and KSG was all new, from how it looked in the bottle, how to apply/remove it and lastly, how it really looked once applied,especially that 2nd coat

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi KA!

So do you think it'll be fine to do another layer after I did 1 layer a week ago? Had to use the car before I could get it to cure (12h) so I'm planning to wash it again this weekend and add another layer.

Also, I live in raincouver so it'll be raining for another 1-2 months and will be cold soon too. How does KSG react to cold compared to heat?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Klasse sealant layering weekly

Quote Originally Posted by sorrywasdrunk View Post
    Hi KA!

So do you think it'll be fine to do another layer after I did 1 layer a week ago? Had to use the car before I could get it to cure (12h) so I'm planning to wash it again this weekend and add another layer.

Also, I live in raincouver so it'll be raining for another 1-2 months and will be cold soon too. How does KSG react to cold compared to heat?
    Hello there!

Its pretty important to apply that 2nd coat, I usually wait 12 hrs and then do it but a week later isn't going to be a problem but to be on the safe side, do your regular wash and if you have one handy, wipedown with something like a Speedy Prep towel or Nanoskin light grade before applying the 2nd coat. It may be only a weeks worth of use but if you've driven the car you never know what could've gotten in there.

Now you mentioned doing this once a week, well, that's overkill, even for me, LOL but do you know about FrankenDetailer? If not, drop me a PM and I'll give you the low down about it, this might make your life a little easier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hello there!

Its pretty important to apply that 2nd coat, I usually wait 12 hrs and then do it but a week later isn't going to be a problem but to be on the safe side, do your regular wash and if you have one handy, wipedown with something like a Speedy Prep towel or Nanoskin light grade before applying the 2nd coat. It may be only a weeks worth of use but if you've driven the car you never know what could've gotten in there.

Now you mentioned doing this once a week, well, that's overkill, even for me, LOL but do you know about FrankenDetailer? If not, drop me a PM and I'll give you the low down about it, this might make your life a little easier
    Ok thanks! So a light grade Nanoskin shouldn't strip the 1st coat? That's perfect! Amazon.ca sells it on MSRP price I should get it by tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sorrywasdrunk View Post
    Ok thanks! So a light grade Nanoskin shouldn't strip the 1st coat? That's perfect! Amazon.ca sells it on MSRP price I should get it by tomorrow.
    When used as a maintenance item, the light grade clay towels will not hurt any finish and just helps keep the finish smooth. I use mine while doing a RW wash (not every wash) because it's already set and I already have extra pre-solution made up as well.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys used Klasse high gloss sealant glaze first time & i think secret is in base prep I did:
    wash
    desalt
    clay
    correction with Wolfgang scratch remover & Meguiars Ultimate compound
    Menzerna medium cut polish 2500 with Rupes LR15 bigfoot polisher & buff and shine EURO Tec yellow polishing pad
    & applied KHGSG

Its too much talk about application , I have not any problem in applying or removing , actually most of the time it disappear while applying ( AND THAT'S MY QUESTION too, TO YOU GUYS, IS IT OK ? THANKS )
    I always used WGDGPS & big fan of it but this time thought to try this, will do 2nd coat in about 8 hours time difference which product you guys suggest over this sealant ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Klasse sealant layering weekly-41hg0mbqw7l-jpg   Klasse sealant layering weekly-vorschaumcp2500-jpg   Klasse sealant layering weekly-20180520_160548-small-jpg   Klasse sealant layering weekly-20180520_160544-small-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse sealant layering weekly

I haven’t done layers of Klasse SG since 2001 or so. But I recall waiting several hours between layers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

8. Thanks gamagreen thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    I haven’t done layers of Klasse SG since 2001 or so. But I recall waiting several hours between layers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I used to wait 12hrs between layers. It's really a hidden gem out thereKlasse sealant layering weeklyKlasse sealant layering weekly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 3:1 water to KSG method. Works well and fills minor swirls quite well. I did a write-up on autopia a long time ago showing the swirls disappearing after several layers.

The biggest downfall of KSG IMO is the boring looks. It needs a topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    I use the 3:1 water to KSG method. Works well and fills minor swirls quite well. I did a write-up on autopia a long time ago showing the swirls disappearing after several layers.

The biggest downfall of KSG IMO is the boring looks. It needs a topper.
    Boring looks....LOL! Whoa, whoa, whoa!!

Here was my method for application:

Take a damp Terry cloth applicator, dunk it in water, wring out so it's just damp and prepare the KSG. I've been using an empty Griot's Garage 8 oz bottle for years now and its filled with pure KSG. I take that damp applicator and squirt 2 lines or sprays of KSG on there and work it into a section of the car, say a 1/3 of the hood. Just keep wiping it in and even though it looks like your not applying anything after a while that's fine, work it! Then grab your removal mf towel and wipe it off right away and repeat around the entire car!

Now the "pop" your looking for should be there to some degree but for guaranteed POP apply a 2nd coat the same way 12 hrs later, no question you'll have a "candied" finish. I would then maintain with "FrankenDetailer" which was whatever RW I was using at the time mixed with KSG. I made a gallon at a time so you'd take a gallon of distilled water, 2 ounces of RW i.e. DG or Ech2o and 1-2 ounces of KSG, shake well. You could apply this wet or dry, no problem!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Mike In Auburn liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast