autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New 2014 Subaru Impreza Interior Recommendations and a few other recommendations.

Hi,

I'm new here. I just recently got my new 2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Limited. It's the dark metallic gray.

After reading a bit I ordered a few things to attempt to get a decent sealant and wax before winter:

Klasse KIO
    Klasse High Gloss Sealent
    Collinite #845
    Wolfgang exterior trim
    303 aerospace
    Free sample of blackfire tire gel

I still need to order a few things from Amazon.

Could you guys recommend a good cheap? Exterior cleaner from Amazon? I was thinking meguirans gold.

What about clay bar? (also must be from Amazon) I was gonna go with the mothers.

Do I need an interior cleaner before I apply the 303 to the interior? It's relatively clean as its new. Any thing cheap from Amazon would also be nice.

Tire cleaner? Some of the stuff on autogeek seemed expensive can I just use a normal degreaser (simple green) ? Or something cheaper from Amazon?

Leather care? Can I just use the 303? Or should I get something leather specific from Amazon?

Wipers. I heard you can apply 303 to wipers can you also do this with the Wolfgang exterior sealent?

Any recommendations on removing the dealer decals? I have plastic razor blades but what about the adhesive?

I appreciate any help. Would prefer to order this tonight.

Also I'm not very happy I just noticed the sale countdown for 15% off and free shipping #Facepalm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 2014 Subaru Impreza Interior Recommendations and a few other recommendations.

Welcome to autogeek....you are off to a great start I see, great job, as for car wash(exterior cleaner) meguiars gold glass is a great soap, and can be found locally, the mother's clay bar will get the job done, but I would suggest a clay substitute like nano skin eraser, you can clean the tires's with degreaser such as simple green, zep 505 etc, it's always good to clean interior before applying any dressing, meguiars interior cleaner is a good choice, as for leather care lexol should do you well

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 2014 Subaru Impreza Interior Recommendations and a few other recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Android4life View Post
    Hi,

I'm new here. I just recently got my new 2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Limited. It's the dark metallic gray.

After reading a bit I ordered a few things to attempt to get a decent sealant and wax before winter:

Klasse KIO
    Klasse High Gloss Sealent
    Collinite #845
    Wolfgang exterior trim
    303 aerospace
    Free sample of blackfire tire gel

I still need to order a few things from Amazon.

Could you guys recommend a good cheap? Exterior cleaner from Amazon? I was thinking meguirans gold.

What about clay bar? (also must be from Amazon) I was gonna go with the mothers.

Do I need an interior cleaner before I apply the 303 to the interior? It's relatively clean as its new. Any thing cheap from Amazon would also be nice.

Tire cleaner? Some of the stuff on autogeek seemed expensive can I just use a normal degreaser (simple green) ? Or something cheaper from Amazon?

Leather care? Can I just use the 303? Or should I get something leather specific from Amazon?

Wipers. I heard you can apply 303 to wipers can you also do this with the Wolfgang exterior sealent?

Any recommendations on removing the dealer decals? I have plastic razor blades but what about the adhesive?

I appreciate any help. Would prefer to order this tonight.

Also I'm not very happy I just noticed the sale countdown for 15% off and free shipping #Facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Welcome to autogeek....you are off to a great start I see, great job, as for car wash(exterior cleaner) meguiars gold glass is a great soap, and can be found locally, the mother's clay bar will get the job done, but I would suggest a clay substitute like nano skin eraser, you can clean the tires's with degreaser such as simple green, zep 505 etc, it's always good to clean interior before applying any dressing, meguiars interior cleaner is a good choice, as for leather care lexol should do you well
    Thanks for bringing up nano skin I have not heard of it before. Seems cool. I am a little weary of using it on a brand new car due to the risk of marring... I think Clay is a safer route for now anyways.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a 10% discount that is basically on all the time for AGO

Just Google Autogeek

It should be the 1st thing that comes up

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    There is a 10% discount that is basically on all the time for AGO

Just Google Autogeek

It should be the 1st thing that comes up
    Yeah I know but in my case shipping cost more than the 10% discount gave me.. So I used the free shipping I've 95 instead.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know but in my case shipping cost more than the 10% discount gave me.. So I used the free shipping I've 95 instead.
    Good decision

As a Forum Member; you should be getting occasional VIP deals as well

There will be lots of great deals coming up for "Black Monday" and the Holidays

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bringing up nano skin I have not heard of it before. Seems cool. I am a little weary of using it on a brand new car due to the risk of marring... I think Clay is a safer route for now anyways.
    I understand your concern about switching form clay. I just got through doing our new car and it's a gun metal gray. This was my first use of the Nano Skin Scrub Towel and I'll not go back to triditional clay. I would advise using the Nano Skin lube at the directed dilution rate. It was so much faster and easier and my hand and figures didn't hurt afterward. Also if you drop it, unlike clay, you just rinse it off and pick back up where you were. Imagine rubbing your car down with a wash cloth. Also I would strongly recommend using some Iron-X before you clay. Spray it on let it desolve the iron debris, rinse off and then clay or Nano Skin Scrub. The thinking here is that clay or Nano Scrub shears off the debris even with the paint making it smooth, but the iron pigments are still there. The Iron-X applied first, devolves most of the iron contamination and makes for a quicker and better job of things when you clay. I used the fine grade and was completely satisfied.You might want to pose the question on how early to clay or Nano Skin a new car with fresh paint . My "new" car was not quite a year old. No marring after Nano Skin and if there were to be any it could be easily removed with a polish which your probably going to do anyway. Good luck.