autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightly Cleaned the engine, but need help

I lightly wipped off the engine area this weekend. Can someone please draw on these picks like gret'sgoat did for Lauren and point out what to cover?
    What does everyone use?

Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks real good for a light cleaning!
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how gret'sgoat draw on her engine. These newer engines are more water repellent than the older ones.
    I use Blackmagic tire foam, and some here use AA tire foam for dressing. I prefer CD2 engine detailer, but it's hard to find. They sometimes have it at AutoZone, when it in stock. Big Al (Al-53), told me about Duragloss #265 this past week. I'm going to give it a try.
    Here are some links you can check out.

Detailing Facts and Tips: How-to Guides from the Car Care Experts at AutoGeek
    Engine Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow looks great for a wipe down

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt cover anything on that motor. Just try not to get any water IN the box with the warning sticker on the driver side. You really will have to try to screw anything up there.

And also on the passenger side, I wouldn't soak the alternator. A little water wont hurt it though. 2nd picture, right hand side, middle of the picture, a little silver thing that the belt wraps around..

You'll be fine.. Just dont use anymore water than you need, and low pressure will be less likely to get into anything it shouldn't be in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your engine bay looks great, Tonya. Since it's brand-new, you probably don't need any deep cleaning. Just upkeep it the way you are, and as Sparkie suggested......use AA tire foam as a dressing. But if you still want to hose her down, use the tips from the guys here. I haven't hosed mine down yet, just some serious wiping. LOL
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Thanks! I am planning on keeping up with it so it will not get out of control. THANKS!
    Thanks,
    Tonya AKA twinkle toes
    Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwile achievement - Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DantheMan
    I wouldnt cover anything on that motor. Just try not to get any water IN the box with the warning sticker on the driver side. You really will have to try to screw anything up there.

And also on the passenger side, I wouldn't soak the alternator. A little water wont hurt it though. 2nd picture, right hand side, middle of the picture, a little silver thing that the belt wraps around..

You'll be fine.. Just dont use anymore water than you need, and low pressure will be less likely to get into anything it shouldn't be in.
    I agree, I really cover anything when I hose engine bays down. I spray water right into my alternator all the time, never any problems, I also sprayed water into the alternator of a 2001 Porcshe C4, and got some water in the air intake(I think there is a hole which lests the water drain out before it gets to the air box. I have used a hose to clean the engine on a Maserati, Audi, BMW, and a Porcshe, I spray medium pressure water and cleaners on every square inch of these engines, still running great. As long as you dont stick the hose down the air intake and turn it on full blast you should be ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    that looks super clean, tonya! wow!
    ~Lulu~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast