autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing newbie. Best general Microfiber towels & Collinite 845

Hey guys.
    I'm going to try and make this one post.

Question 1:
    What is the best, all around microfiber towel? I just want something high quality that won't scratch my paint at all. For washing, applying, shining, etc.

Question 2:
    I am a complete newbie to detailing. Never waxed my own car.
    I currently have Meguiar's gold class that I use for washing, but I want to start doing some simple waxing. I want to use Collinite 845. I don't want to go crazy, just a simple one coat application after washing the car. What are the best applicators for this? Is there a microfiber towel that can do it all? I do not want a machine. I want to do everything by hand.
    I have been looking at the Chemical guys microfiber applications and ultra plush microfiber towels.

My 2000 jeep wrangler is covered in swirls (light scratches only seen in the sun) from the previous owner. Will waxing help this at all? It doesn't bother me too much and I don't want to go crazy getting rid of them, but if waxing will help it's a bonus.

I appreciate any help guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing newbie. Best general Microfiber towels & Collinite 845

I would rethink your decision to do by hand. DA is really easier, fun, fast, and produces best results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    I would rethink your decision to do by hand. DA is really easier, fun, fast, and produces best results.
    I will probably only wax once a year to be honest.
    I just want to provide some protection, and then wash throughout the year. It's a jeep, so I'm not going to go crazy.

Wranglers don't have much surface area. I don't mind taking the time to do it by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you have the meguiars gold class and are familar with their products to start i would recommend getting some megs supreme shine microfiber towels and some Megs foam applicators.

Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels, microfiber buffing towels, micro fiber, detailing towels

Meguiars Foam Applicator Pads 4 Pack

Put the 845 on with the applicators and take it off with the microfiber towels.

Make sure to remember to keep it thin. Thin is in. For more reading on the subject go to:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ndary-wax.html
    The secret to getting ahead, is getting started..... ~Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobRabbit2.5 View Post
    Since you have the meguiars gold class and are familar with their products to start i would recommend getting some megs supreme shine microfiber towels and some Megs foam applicators.

Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels, microfiber buffing towels, micro fiber, detailing towels

Make sure to remember to keep it thin. Thin is in. For more reading on the subject go to:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ndary-wax.html
    Thanks! Ya, that's probably a good idea. Are the foam applicators OK?
    My biggest fear is scratching. I just want something that isn't going to scratch the clear coat.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your question is tough to answer because different towels are designed for different purposes. You have thicker longer knapp/strand towels for drying and wiping/removing waxes and polishes, and much smaller knapp/strand towels and applicators for applying waxes and sealants. If you get an "all in one" towel, you get mediocre performance in both aspects, vs getting the right towel for the job. I would HIGHLY recommend looking at theragcompany.com The prices are outstanding and these towels are excellent quality as well. You can get basically two towels more appropriate for your uses for about the price of one generic towel at a typical B&M store.

I really like the Master Clean waffle weave towels (available in several sizes). If I was going to have one "all around towel", these would certainly be it. 16 x 16 MASTER CLEANâ„¢ Premium Light Blue Waffle Weave Microfiber Towel

as well as the Master Pro Eagle Edgeless. Again, available in several sizes: 16 x 16 DETAIL MASTER PRO Eagle Edgeless Orange

For wax/polish application by hand, these microfiber applicators are really excellent: Wax Applicator Sponge

For how low the prices are, you may as well just order the towels for the job and enjoy

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobRabbit2.5

Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax
    I've never used those, but the price is great for 3 16x24 MF towels If they're decent quality, it's an even better bargain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captainobvious View Post
    as well as the Master Pro Eagle Edgeless. Again, available in several sizes: 16 x 16 DETAIL MASTER PRO Eagle Edgeless Orange

For how low the prices are, you may as well just order the towels for the job and enjoy
    I just picked up 10 of these and have been very happy with them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captainobvious View Post
    I've never used those, but the price is great for 3 16x24 MF towels If they're decent quality, it's an even better bargain.
    They are excellent quality towel and have worked wonders on my black vw that is a very hard clear that will show scratches instantly. Highly recommend.
    The secret to getting ahead, is getting started..... ~Mark Twain

Moldavite

I would go for Meguiars supreme shine or microfiber madness for paint job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast