autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What leather conditioner/last step product do you guys use on LEATHER SEATS?

So I have had pretty good results with CLEANING leather seats with a combination of Folex, steam, and brushes. My question is concerning what leather CONDITIONER or final product you guys apply to leather seats AFTER they are clean.

I currently use "Chemical Guys Sprayable Leather Cleaner & Conditioner". I like how it is easy to use (spray on, wait a few seconds, and wipe off), has some sheen, but NOT shiny, and even gives the seats a nice new leather smell. It is also said to add some protection. I am overall happy with how it performs, but am just wanting to try something new. So basically looking for everything I get with the Chemical Guys Sprayable Leather Cleaner & Conditioner only maybe a little more conditioning and protection. Must meet the following criteria:

- Low, Natural sheen (NOT shiny or slippery)
    - Adds PROTECTION to seats (UV, hardening, cracking, soiling, etc.)
    - Conditions (soft and supple feel)
    - Easy to apply
    - Clean scent (preferably of leather of course...haha)
    - Reasonably priced (under $2 per ounce....no leather coatings)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What leather conditioner/last step product do you guys use on LEATHER SEATS?

A few of my top options:

1) Leatherique Prestine Clean
    2) Pinnacle Leather Conditioner (a little over my budget)
    3) Einszett Lederpflege Leather Care
    4) Sonus Leather Conditioner
    5) Meguiar's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner D180
    6) Lexol Leather Conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What leather conditioner/last step product do you guys use on LEATHER SEATS?

My choices would be Leatherique Prestine Clean or Lexol Leather Conditioner as it smells good, and found locally when you suddenly run out of conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

Both my cars have coated/protected leather so I use Leathermasters protection cream after cleaning them. Same stuff I use on most of my customers cars that have protected leather.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ What he said.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner D180

Hands down. I've used this for 4 years now. I steam clean the leather wipe dry then apply D180 - It has low natural sheen, Adds protection to seats, Cleans and conditions, Easy to use, AWESOME scent, Only $5-$8 and goes a long way. I get mine from auto zone. I usually do 1-2 Sprays per seat and use with a microfiber applicator
    2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique, all the rest are second best!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique is good but terribly expensive. Especially when you consider that they want you to use 3~4 ounces per seat! You could literally spend $90 just to do the full Leatherique treatment on a single vehicle!

I've tried a bunch, too many to list actually. One kit that is worth looking at that has both a cleaner and a lasting coating, and isn't crazy expensive is from Meguiar's.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the CG leather cleaner conditioner kit. Not the all in one. It has worked great for me. Seems to fit all your criteria

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use Lexol. now I just use Megs Rich Leather. over the counter and works well. I don't like anything that "cleans" and protects because they don't actually deep clean, they just wipe off the minor surface dirt. most of my cars need to be hot water scrubbed with a boars hair brush.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast