autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz UK on powdercoated wheels.

so I got a question to ask about using cquartz UK on powdercoated wheels. I have a friend of mine who owns a successful powdercoat one business, He does tons and tons of wheels. I was thinking about working something out with him so he can offer cquartz as an option to his customers. So My question is, if you were me what would you charge for something like this? Remember no need to go crazy and clean the wheels with a ton of products and elbow grease. Just clean with carpro eraser coat the wheel then top it with reload. If anybody has any experience with cquartz uk on powdercoated wheels I would love to hear what you think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz UK on powdercoated wheels.

57 people read it nobody replies

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that your better option would b to use DLUX over UK. I would charge a minimum of $120 for all 4. This account for product cost (Erasor, DLUX, Reload) and application labor cost. DLUX has better longevity on wheels (high heat, high chemical exposure etc...). Being a CarPro Certified installer, I participate in regular exchanges of that nature with other installer and this DLUX over UK seems to be the consensus.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    I would say that your better option would b to use DLUX over UK. I would charge a minimum of $120 for all 4. This account for product cost (Erasor, DLUX, Reload) and application labor cost. DLUX has better longevity on wheels (high heat, high chemical exposure etc...). Being a CarPro Certified installer, I participate in regular exchanges of that nature with other installer and this DLUX over UK seems to be the consensus.
    A little confusing, as you're saying Clean, Eraser, CQ UK, Eraser, CQ DLX, then lastly Reload?
    Whew, I'm exhausted!

Powder Coating is in essence a type of paint, correct? And I've read that DLX can be used on painted-clear coated wheels. Then if so, why not just use DLX on the vehicle's paint as well if it has these better qualities you state?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe he is saying he would choose DLUX instead of CQuartz UK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    I believe he is saying he would choose DLUX instead of CQuartz UK
    Yes, perhaps that's what Dr Pain meant.

Better less confusing wording then would be written such as, "It would be a better choice to use CQ DLX rather than (or versus) using CQ UK on these wheels", for the reasons he states.

"CQ DLX "over" CQ UK can be mistaken to be a dual application of two different products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Yes, perhaps that's what Dr Pain meant.

Better less confusing wording then would be written such as, "It would be a better choice to use CQ DLX rather than (or versus) using CQ UK on these wheels", for the reasons he states.

"CQ DLX "over" CQ UK can be mistaken to be a dual application of two different products.
    Thanks for pointing that my initial sentence could have brought confusion to some Mark

I did indeed meant to say that I would pick DLUX as my coating of choice. This was further substantiated in the subsequent explanation of cost, and the supportive consensus of other installers.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that your better option would b to use DLUX over UK. I would charge a minimum of $120 for all 4. This account for product cost (Erasor, DLUX, Reload) and application labor cost.

DLUX has better longevity on wheels (high heat, high chemical exposure etc...)
    I did indeed meant to say that I would pick DLUX as my coating of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Powder Coating is in essence a type of paint, correct? And I've read that DLX can be used on painted-clear coated wheels. Then if so, why not just use DLX on the vehicle's paint as well if it has these better qualities you state?
    Great question!
    Dr. Pain?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Pain, I have a couple questions about CQ DLX, maybe you can shed some further light on this particular CP product?

Before I ask, I'll note that I have used both CQ UK, and CQ DLX.

First question, what would you personally suggest would be he best of the two to apply to Chrome Plate, and Chrome Plated Wheels? (I'll add that I first used CQ UK on my brand new 22" Factory Repro Chrome Denali Wheels followed by CP Reload v2013, was super easy)

I have also used CQ DLX on pretty much all Plastic Trim on the Tahoe, worked great, and is still protecting almost 2 years later BTW.

The second question is, that for Painted or Powder Coated Wheels, or other things such as Rubber, or even perhaps Chrome, is the application procedure of DLX the same as UK?

I ask this, because when I used DLX on the Plastic Trim, I applied the product with the CP MF Suede Sheets, looked beautiful, and initially was then going to finish by smoothing-rubbing with a clean Short Weave MF Towel, but noted that the DLX was getting tacky, and the final wipe was smearing the product, knocking down the nice high gloss considerably, and was akin to like wiping spray paint that was 1/2 dry.

Is this common, and a trait of DLX? Or is it possible there's other reasons why this was happening, maybe an old Bottle of product perhaps, or possibly waiting too long to do a final wipe?

Thus with all Trim, I simply applied, then never touched the parts again until many hours later, after the product then initially cured-dried.

Thanks, Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thanks for the advice! I was actually thinking in my head 120-130$ per set of wheels. Now how do you think dlux would work on polished aluminum? Another friend owns a polishing company, he asked me if any detailing coatings will seal and protect the metal from dulling out. I will definitely be picking up some dlux.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast