autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

may be purchasing extractor opinions?

We are an established shop looking to get better results and higher production. We have been shampooing carpets by soaking with cleaner and scrubbing by hand followed with wet/dry vacuuming. Will we get better results with an extractor, if so witch one. Cost is not really a consideration. TYA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: may be purchasing extractor opinions?

If cost isn't an issue, have you considered steam?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orofinobodyshop View Post
    We are an established shop looking to get better results and higher production. We have been shampooing carpets by soaking with cleaner and scrubbing by hand followed with wet/dry vacuuming. Will we get better results with an extractor, if so witch one. Cost is not really a consideration. TYA
    I have a Mytee HP60 and a small steamer. I find myself on most cars using my hands/brushes/folex to do spots, and the steamer to clean out consoles/cupholders, etc. The HP60 is just so heavy and bulky, I often don't use the extractor unless the carpet and mats are particularly filthy. I'm definitely happy I got mine though, it saves a ton of time when it's needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orofinobodyshop View Post
    . Will we get better results with an extractor, if so witch one. Cost is not really a consideration. TYA
    IMO, absolutely yes. I went the whole shop vac route when I first started out a long, long time ago. It took me 6 months in before I got my extractor and I've been using the same one for the past 6 years. It's an essential tool in my detailing arsenal and I wouldn't be without it....especially on rat nasty interiors which I do lots of.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the first to think.....extractor. Opinions?

which.

smh

It kills me how people who own a business don't at least spell words correctly. Punctuation, a little different, but spelling is HUGE.

You're better than this, I know you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miad View Post
    Am I the first to think.....extractor. Opinions?

which.

smh

It kills me how people who own a business don't at least spell words correctly. Punctuation, a little different, but spelling is HUGE.

You're better than this, I know you are.
    I think we all noticed that, however being a grammar/spelling Nazi won't win you many friends. Plus you could literally spend every waking moment correcting spelling errors on Forums- again, making you the target of disdain regardless of your intentions.

Good luck OP - I'm in the same boat. Not sure which one to get, my McCulloch just died and I'm looking to upgrade.
    Retired Marine - Full time Detailer.

https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeReflections1

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First, please forgive my spelling. Sometimes when I type my brain moves faster than my fingers can keep up, still learning to type on a tablet.

Second, we are in rural Idaho and deal with VERY soiled carpets. (think loggers, ranchers, and 4x4s) we have also thought about purchasing a steamer as well as an extractor. I think we will go with the mytee hp60 what would be a good steamer to complement this?

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, because an extractor extacts, I feel I am cheating the customer if I don't use it. Sure, you may be able to achieve the same look appearance wise with other methods, however I am not comfortable knowing I could have done a more thorough job with an extractor than had I not used one.
    That's the perfectionist in me, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the real benefit of using the extractor over hand shampooing and wet vac is the amount of suction you get from the extractor. A lot of vacuums you get at home depot, even the big hp 16 gallon ones, have like 60" of water lift, while most extractors have well over 100".

Hand shampooing for me goes pretty quick though, because the volume of water and cleaning product used can be laid down quicker and heavier than an extractor. Sometimes its not a great thing bc of oversaturarion, wicking etc.

I think chemicals make a bigger difference than the machine. If you pretreat the carpet with a good pre spray before you lay down your shampoo, and lay down a fiber rinse product to neutralize the alkalinity of the cleaner, then extract, the carpet and upholstery will come out clean and soft, regardless of the machine

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at the new mytee lite 8070. Nice machine and not to expensive!

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast