autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning MF towels for windows

We have been having some problems with streaky windows at my work. My boss makes us wash all our MF towels in vinegar and I am wondering if this is what is causing the problem. We can't afford to lose business on something as silly as cleaning the windows, what should we be using to wash the MF towels? Or maybe it is the towels themselves?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Acdetailz
    We have been having some problems with streaky windows at my work. My boss makes us wash all our MF towels in vinegar and I am wondering if this is what is causing the problem. We can't afford to lose business on something as silly as cleaning the windows, what should we be using to wash the MF towels? Or maybe it is the towels themselves?
    Try this:

Post Thanks / Like
    The glass towel is awesome. Spray cleaner on one side to clean, turn it over and dry with the other side. Or you can use two of them.

Could be a combination of towels, method, and the cleaner being used. If you tell us what towel you're using, method, and cleaner then we will be able to help you better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use water only if at all possible. Will spot touch with cleaner if I have to, but then finish up with a damp glass mf then buff dry with a seperate glass mf.. If its streaky after that, its just beause you missed a spot.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice, I don't work again until tuesday, but I think the MF towels we are using are pretty cheap ones. They seem to be lint free but I will take a look at the info on them and get back to you. I'm thinking if we get some good glass ones like the weave ones and just use them for windows that will correct the problem. We have been drying them on high heat so maybe that was ruining them, I just read to dry them on a low heat or no heat at all. Then again on the car that was giving us trouble we were using towels straight out of the packaging (maybe they needed to be washed first). I was using a little cleaner and an older MF first and then following up with a brand new mf... seemed to just move around the streaks, was very strange. I can usually get the windows perfect, it was just a few cars that had this problem. Hopefully the new weave towels will help, thanks again for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the glass WW towels, have the original whites and now the blues. All work great with no streaking. That said be careful when using vinegar, as it is highly acidic. On another detailing board it was warned that too much vinegar will actually deteriate towels like MF.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't keep them soaked in vinegar. Use hot water mixed with some APC or a hint of dawn, you'd be really suprised at what comes out of the towels. Then I dunk the towels in clean water a couple times and squeeze out before putting in the washer.
    The real WyStang: