autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How to remove paint over spray from trim?

They recently painted our townhomes and the painters got some over spray on the back of my truck. It came off easily from the paint but I can still see it on the trim. It's just some tiny light beige dots on the trim. It's not much but I can see it and I would like to see if I can remove it.

I've tried lightly claying, tried my bug sponge and some 50/50-wtr/APC. The only way I've been able to get some off is by lightly scraping with my fingernail. Too time consuming.

Any ideas?

thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove paint over spray from trim?

Some kind of paint remover? Paint thinner, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Try a quick wipe with acetone, that should take it off immediately!

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Those are both the last things I would of tried. I will have to do a test spot first.
    Thanks

Mike Phillips

I've had good luck with Xenit from Stoner's.

The "trick" is you don't just wipe it on and off... you have to dampen a microfiber towel with this cirtrus oil and hold it against the trim so the oils has some time to dwell, penetrate, soften and loosen the offending overspray paint and then wipe the trim.

Depending upon how much trim you have to clean this could be time consuming but very safe.

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

XENIT is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

XENIT contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials.

This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. XENIT removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.