autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Chart Inconsistencies

I'm comparing pad descriptions from different sources. They're all similar, but there are strange differences, sometimes within the same website.

For instance, for the 4 inch gray LC CCS pad, AutoGeek recommends "Use with machine glaze or finishing polish." Then for the 5.5 inch version of the exact same gray LC CCS pad, AutoGeek says "apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes."

But the most glaring inconsistency has to be from Lake Country's own comparison chart. Every single other source says that green is less aggressive than white, but Lake Country's Pad Application Guide says that green is the more aggressive foam.

Even Lake Country's page describing types of foam seems to contradict this. Assuming the types are listed in descending order of aggressiveness from purple to gold, then it is consistent with their application guide. But, if you actually read the descriptions it says that green is "Semi-soft , high strength foam for light polishing" while white is described as "Semi-firm, high strength foam for polishing." This description makes white seem like the more aggressive foam.

The only other potential source that is in line with the Lake Country application guide would be Chemical Guys. If CG uses LC foam in their Hex Logic pads, then their aggressiveness scale would match Lake Country's Guide. But, I have no idea if this is the case, and no reason to think it is other than a similar coloring scheme.

Little differences in descriptions are no big deal. But I would really like to know what is going on with the green and white pads.

Edit: Here are 2 more charts from Lake Country to add to the confusion.
    1. D.A. Foam Pads
    2. Spot Buff Pads (this one doesn't even have green!)
    Last edited by BlueBeast14GT; 09-15-2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: found more charts

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Chart Inconsistencies

I understands what you mean it really confuse most especially the ones who are new, and trying to learn though like I have discovered you gotta pick, and choose pieces of information from all to come up with your own answers....that's why is great to have a place like autogeek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    I understands what you mean it really confuse most especially the ones who are new, and trying to learn though like I have discovered you gotta pick, and choose pieces of information from all to come up with your own answers....that's why is great to have a place like autogeek
    Yup. That's why I brought it up. I figured someone might have the answers through experience. And, I wanted to warn people, new or experienced, who might be misusing the pads based on incorrect information.

I think I'm going to try calling Lake Country later to see if I can clear this up.

Post Thanks / Like

At one time there were two green foams, one was for German cars or something (or was developed for use in German car plants). One was more aggressive than white, one was less. Hopefully that helps on the green (good luck identifying which is which, especially if you have both in your bin like I do).

Post Thanks / Like

There were two green at one point. The more aggressive of the two is now pink. Hex Logic uses a different foam, but similar color scheme.

Post Thanks / Like

The LC pink is similar to Hex Logic's Green - cutting/polishing. The LC green is similar to the HL blue - light polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware of the euro foam green, but this is not it. That green was below orange on the list, above yellow. This green is between orange and white, according to LC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast14GT View Post
    I'm aware of the euro foam green, but this is not it. That green was below orange on the list, above yellow. This green is between orange and white, according to LC.
    As was previously mentioned, I believe that green that was between orange and white is now pink.

Specifications - D.A. Foam Pads | Buffing & Polishing Products From Lake Country Manufacturing

Lake Country CCS Pink (was Green) Heavy Polishing Pad

This pad is is used by Mecedes Benz at OEM level and is designed to be used with a random orbital polisher (like the Porter Cable) It produces less spot heating and has a unique compression/load/deflection ratio which means it conforms quickly to contours. It is a high strength foam with 60 pores per sq. inch yet is softer and more forgiving than our regular foams which have 80 pores per sq. inch.

This pad is tough enough to remove swirls and scuffs whilst at the same time producing a high gloss swirl free finish. THis foam is also ideal for applying one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.
    - Quoted from a UK vendor.

And AFAIK this only pertains to the CCS line. The Pink was the old coarse green pad. It fell between the Orange and White pads. The soft green pad fell between the white and black/gray pads.
    07 TBSS AWD 3SS (Black) - 09 TBSS 2WD 3SS (Silver)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeast14GT View Post
    Right. Due to confusion, Lake Country changed the color to pink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02xtreme07SS View Post
    As was previously mentioned, I believe that green that was between orange and white is now pink.

Specifications - D.A. Foam Pads | Buffing & Polishing Products From Lake Country Manufacturing

- Quoted from a UK vendor.

And AFAIK this only pertains to the CCS line. The Pink was the old coarse green pad. It fell between the Orange and White pads. The soft green pad fell between the white and black/gray pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Right. Due to confusion, Lake Country changed the color to pink.

Well then, now this is even more interesting... I know they had listed that green as more aggressive than orange because I found this chart. I'm hoping it's okay to post that since they're part of PBMG.

So either one of the colors (euro green or pink) was placed in the wrong spot on the chart, or they changed more than just the color.

Either way, this still doesn't change the fact that LC lists the current green pad (not euro, not pink) as more aggressive than the white pad, and every other source has them switched.

I tried calling LC, but no one answered. I left a message, but so far no one has called me back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast