autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many oz of UWW+ per car (in average)?

Quote Originally Posted by fellipe View Post
    TurboToys, The only 'problem' I see with D114 is that it doesn't have any wax on it (or does it?) so waxing the car will be an extra step;
    meguiars d115 is the same thing as 114 but with a wax. although for the 115, it says dilute 1:4 for waterless. so the economy is out the window there. at 64 bucks for a gallon. you are paying 64 for 5 gallons instead of uww+ 5.5 gallons for a third the price. i would still do d114 and use a preferred topper after that, it doesn't take much time to do it.

on the upside, if you are using a coating or sealant, you'll be able to clean the car without fear of putting something less durable or less shiny/slick on top of your existing coating. good for the people using opticoat and such, retain the beading that the coating gives. instead of relying on constantly putting wax ontop of your coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboToys View Post
    meguiars d115 is the same thing as 114 but with a wax. although for the 115, it says dilute 1:4 for waterless. so the economy is out the window there.

I have to disagree with this statement.

D114 is specifically a rinse-less wash; although you can mix it to other dilutions.

D115 really developed and made tot be a waterless wash; even though you can mix it to other dilutions for other solutions.

But for them to be the same to me... They would need to be like ONR / ONRWW and have the same original use and dilution ratios.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

I have to disagree with this statement.

D114 is specifically a rinse-less wash; although you can mix it to other dilutions.

D115 really developed and made tot be a waterless wash; even though you can mix it to other dilutions for other solutions.

But for them to be the same to me... They would need to be like ONR / ONRWW and have the same original use and dilution ratios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cICb...ailpage#t=1114

18:34, they explain waterless with d114...

i wouldn't be stating it if it didn't at least have some truth to it. there are multiple dilution ratios people have used, megs tends to go heavy with their dilutions, so they recommend 1:15. but other people have reported having good success with much more diluted ratios.

let me add what it would come out to with the dilution ratios recommended by megs. at 1:15 you would get around 2.13 dollars per gallon of ready to use solution. compared to uww+ which comes out to 3.8 dollars per ready to use gallon of product. almost half the price, and people have reported not needing to go the full 1:15 to get the same effect on their cars without marring. in the end though it's just like a lot of other products, people will use what they like to and what they feel comfortable with. i'm just stating the facts on costs

Post Thanks / Like

that's a very high price for UWWW at their standard dilution. Buy it by the gallon and you get 42gl of working solution at < $2/gl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123