autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cquartz Finest

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz Finest

Hello to all, new to the Autogeek family. I've been a long time detailing enthusiast on my cars along with friends and families cars. With that said my wife's new '15 Subaru Outback will be coming in at the end of the month. I already advised the dealer to not remove the plastic from the car until I'm there and that I don't want any dealer prep done to the vehicle. I've been contemplating getting Cquartz Finest applied to the car right after I get it. There is only one authorized detailer here in OKC that does Finest. He gave me a rough estimate of $900 with wheel off service (entire wheel coated), $750 without wheel off (face of wheel coated only). Not sure if this quote is high or not, unfortunately I can't really do any shopping around as per cqfinet website there is only the one authorized dealer. Any info or help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz Finest

...to AGO Scott.

Staying within the CarPro family:
    Either of the below Coatings will save you ~ $850+:

CarPro Cquartz UK Edition 30 ml.

CQuartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection, CQuartz nano coating, nano paint sealant

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO Scott. The quote is not high I charge about the same price.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the $900 include paint correction? If not you are getting ready to get jammed

Do as Bob suggested and do it yourself; pocket the rest and take a vacation

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Does the $900 include paint correction? If not you are getting ready to get jammed

Do as Bob suggested and do it yourself; pocket the rest and take a vacation
    The $900 is an out the door price (paint correction included). I've considered doing it myself but wasn't sure of the durability of the Cquartz Ceramic compared to the Cquartz Finest as I'm not a professional detailer and can't get the Finest. I've done plenty of detailing but never applied a sealant like this before and the wife would shoot me if I screwed up her new car. For anyone who has applied this type of sealant how easy is it to apply and if you do make a mistake is it easily correctable. Thanks again in advance for any help and info.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty straight-forward. It's not as simple as waxing, but it's not rocket science either.

Finest IS more durable than regular or UK, but not worth $900 if it's something you can do yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rAM78oDffM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigmitch View Post
    The $900 is an out the door price (paint correction included). I've considered doing it myself but wasn't sure of the durability of the Cquartz Ceramic compared to the Cquartz Finest as I'm not a professional detailer and can't get the Finest. I've done plenty of detailing but never applied a sealant like this before and the wife would shoot me if I screwed up her new car. For anyone who has applied this type of sealant how easy is it to apply and if you do make a mistake is it easily correctable. Thanks again in advance for any help and info.

Scott
    It's very easy, but you have to make sure you do a good job prepping the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. It's all in the prep work. With CQuartz, just apply, wait a few minutes than wipe off. I wipe it on everything from paint to glass to plastic

Post Thanks / Like

Keep reading and by the end of the month you will be able to do this yourself. Take the cash you were going to spend and pump it into the proper tools. Coatings are all in the prep work as others have said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigmitch View Post

Scott
    Hi Scott. Glad you made it over to AutoGeek from the 2015 Outback forum. Considering your experience already with detailing, go with CQuartz or CQuartz UK and apply it yourself. That is what I plan to do when I get my 2015 Outback. With the money you will save by doing it yourself, consider paint protection film. For that, I am a fan of X-Pel and in the OKC area there is an excellent installer, Superior Concepts He did my 2009 Avalon and will do my Outback when I get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast