autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pro Detailer or Simple Enthusiast Wanted--Atlanta, GA

I have an F150 2005, it has a beautiful blue paint that I sort of mucked up by naively taking it to self car washes during pollen season. Numerous swirls and lite 'scratches' (they look like scratches) appeared and I was devastated. Having learned my lesson, I want a straightforward detail. I travel a lot but we're in Roswell GA for the next 2 weeks. I just want a good basic detail--two bucket handwash, claybar and wax/polish so it looks shiny and some of these imperfections are covered up.

Please PM me with location and price. Close by would be terrific, and I don't need any interior work at all (do that myself). An enthusiast is great too as I was advised backchannel that many of them do extra work on weekends for fun/extra $$ and they're way better than the car/wash detailing shops that don't really do a good job at all.

Many thanks, guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pro Detailer or Simple Enthusiast Wanted--Atlanta, GA

bryan at peachstatedetail.com - doesn't get any better than him...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks much--tBryan is in Fairburn, I think. That's an hour and a half from me.That's why I'm hoping to find somebody closer.

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

I just spoke with jenbooks on the phone and she told me she's not looking for a "Show Car" detail.

I told her a lot of detailers, especially new detailers get all caught up in doing show car work for every project they take on and that's not the right thing to do.

The right thing to do is to match your services to your customer like I explain in this article,

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business
    Match your services to your customer

BECAUSE.....

Because so many of our forum members are not full time or even part time professional detailers but are simply "Enthusiast Detailers", that is taking care of their own car and a few cars here and there for friends.

jenbooks told me this type of enthusiast detailer would be more than good enough for what she's looking for.

I told her that because our forum members "read" the forum they are up to date on all the newest and best pads, products, tools and techniques and in most cases our forum members whether they are pro or not will do better work than any local detail shop or detailer that is NOT on a forum like this one.

In fact... I have an article on this topic....

Detailers that hang out on discussion forums know more than detailers that don't...

So do we have a forum member that can do a basic detail?

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Wax

Maybe...

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Light Polish and then wax

If so... reply her or shoot the OP a PM

Thanks everyone!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A million thanks, Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Just to chime in...

I just spoke with jenbooks on the phone and she told me she's not looking for a "Show Car" detail.

I told her a lot of detailers, especially new detailers get all caught up in doing show car work for every project they take on and that's not the right thing to do.

The right thing to do is to match your services to your customer like I explain in this article,

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business
    Match your services to your customer

BECAUSE.....

Because so many of our forum members are not full time or even part time professional detailers but are simply "Enthusiast Detailers", that is taking care of their own car and a few cars here and there for friends.

jenbooks told me this type of enthusiast detailer would be more than good enough for what she's looking for.

I told her that because our forum members "read" the forum they are up to date on all the newest and best pads, products, tools and techniques and in most cases our forum members whether they are pro or not will do better work than any local detail shop or detailer that is NOT on a forum like this one.

In fact... I have an article on this topic....

Detailers that hang out on discussion forums know more than detailers that don't...

So do we have a forum member that can do a basic detail?

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Wax

Maybe...

• Wash
    • Clay
    • Light Polish and then wax

If so... reply her or shoot the OP a PM

Thanks everyone!

Nice reply Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on if you're up for driving to Augusta. If so, I can hook ya' up.