autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

lexus hardtop conv

This car is silver and has metalflake in it. It is babied and parks in a open parking garage at a condo on the beach. But it is driven to work. Car is maybe 3 years old.
    Wheels and tires first then the first wash.
    Car will get ironx and then clayed. Washed with mazi-suds and APC. it will then be taped up where needed.

Now my question is has anyone worked on a silver lexus HT conv?

I have a flex, and a GG6. Tons of pads of all sizes. Plenty to choose from menzerna, along with Reflect and some super soft MF.

My question to people that have worked on one of these is, what seemed to work the best for you? Car is in decent shape so no major correction needed. She is paying for 1 polish step and 2 coats of BFWD. I dont work on many jap cars but I was thinking for a test spot - white flat pad with PF2500. Thoughts???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lexus hardtop conv

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan View Post
    This car is silver and has metalflake in it. It is babied and parks in a open parking garage at a condo on the beach. But it is driven to work. Car is maybe 3 years old.
    Wheels and tires first then the first wash.
    Car will get ironx and then clayed. Washed with mazi-suds and APC. it will then be taped up where needed.

Now my question is has anyone worked on a silver lexus HT conv?

I have a flex, and a GG6. Tons of pads of all sizes. Plenty to choose from menzerna, along with Reflect and some super soft MF.

My question to people that have worked on one of these is, what seemed to work the best for you? Car is in decent shape so no major correction needed. She is paying for 1 polish step and 2 coats of BFWD. I dont work on many jap cars but I was thinking for a test spot - white flat pad with PF2500. Thoughts???

Like we all know most if not all foreign cars have soft clear
    Therefore your plan of attack using menzerna pf2500 with white pad sounds good thought when you do your testing try a green pad too, see which you result you like best but a little advise(no violation) it's best if you find your own method you will find it more rewarding just something I learned....good luck, and happy detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lexus hardtop conv

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Like we all know most if not all foreign cars have soft clear
    Therefore your plan of attack using menzerna pf2500 with white pad sounds good thought when you do your testing try a green pad too, see which you result you like best but a little advise(no violation) it's best if you find your own method you will find it more rewarding just something I learned....good luck, and happy detailing
    Roger that. I'm going to be stretched for time that weekend with other things going on also. Was trying to narrow down the options. As always everything happens at the same time