autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots HD Wheel Cleaner and DUBS Cleaner Aluminum Wheel Question

Hey guys,

I really want to try both of these and I like the fact the Griots is CLEAR when it says "safe for all wheels including uncoated aluminum". I know it is PH neutral which is a good thing. But I also want to try the DUB cleaner and it says "safe for all wheels" but does not give the PH rating or specifically say safe for "uncoated aluminum". I have a high dollar set of HRE aluminum rims, but they have been clearcoated, however there was one wheel where I had to fix some rash and the CC got grinded off, that is why I'm asking the question. Does anyone know if DUBS is safe for aluminum? I have searched every site trying to find the answer and can't find it, all I see is it is "safe for all wheels" which is very misleading IMO b/c I know that some "safe for all wheels" products are a no no on aluminum, thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dub is safe for all wheels - it's slightly basic.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots HD Wheel Cleaner and DUBS Cleaner Aluminum Wheel Question

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Dub is safe for all wheels - it's slightly basic.
    Cool thanks, were you able to find that anywhere on the product, or website or something, just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiiman View Post
    Cool thanks, were you able to find that anywhere on the product, or website or something, just curious.
    I found it out in my garage with pH strips. Iron removing wheel cleaners are considered pretty safe for all wheels - you just don't want to let them dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I found it out in my garage with pH strips. Iron removing wheel cleaners are considered pretty safe for all wheels - you just don't want to let them dry.
    Awesome, thanks, how did you like the DUB cleaner?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Please give a heads-up on brands that fit this description:

" safe for all wheels" which is very misleading IMO b/c I know that some "safe for all wheels" products are a no no on aluminum"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiiman View Post
    Awesome, thanks, how did you like the DUB cleaner?
    I like it quite a bit. Seems as good as other iron attacking wheel cleaners and costs less. Foams up pretty well, too.

Dunno why this is a "Dub" branded product. I don't see it sticking around too long because I don't think the general public knows/cares/understands about this type of technology. I see them going for a Hot Rims Meg's product every time to save the dollar.

My guess is we will see a similar product in Meg's Detailer line in 2015 available in gallons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Please give a heads-up on brands that fit this description:

" safe for all wheels" which is very misleading IMO b/c I know that some "safe for all wheels" products are a no no on aluminum"
    I'm talking about things like this:

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...-tire-cleaner/

The name is "all wheel cleaner" which to me and/or average consumer means "any and every wheel" at least IMO. But I don't think it is safe for uncoated aluminum so the term "all wheel" is a little misleading IMO, although I could be wrong.

I like it quite a bit. Seems as good as other iron attacking wheel cleaners and costs less. Foams up pretty well, too.

Dunno why this is a "Dub" branded product. I don't see it sticking around too long because I don't think the general public knows/cares/understands about this type of technology. I see them going for a Hot Rims Meg's product every time to save the dollar.

My guess is we will see a similar product in Meg's Detailer line in 2015 available in gallons.
    Glad you like it, I just picked up a bottle so I'll be testing it as well, hopefully if I love it they won't pull it off the shelf

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the DUB wheel cleaner, its the first wheel cleaner I've used that changes color like that. GG HD wheel cleaner is supposed to be thicker, so you don't get the coverage like the DUB.

As far as safe or not, well, I would call Griot's directly as they've got great customer service and knowledable people. I know there's a 1-800 # on the back of the DUB wheel cleaner too, so you should be covered either way.

The DUB wheel cleaner was on sale for $5.00 a bottle a couple weeks ago at Advance Auto,n reg price was 9.00 but even at that its half what Sonux/ax is, can't go wrong here!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used both and for me I prefer DUB. It worked slightly better.

Also on Hot Rims, I believe it states not to use it in aluminum wheels right on the back label.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast