autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opticoat 2.0 discontinued, OptiCoat Pro sees price increase

I hope your right, Anthony.
    "You will have window decals, wall posters and such labeling you as the ONLY certified installer of OCP in your city or area of Anywhere USA. There will be no other installer."
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco View Post
    Just means that new guidelines will be in place to ensure the end user has more support and protected area. Like I said before, it's a whole system of vehicle protection now. Not just the OCP.

I am out for the most part on this discussion now. Off to the shootin range

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    It's not about the price, he said that people were claiming 2.0 as Pro. They can't do that with Gloss Coat because it now has a much shorter life-span.

Why would the shorter life-span of whatever I lie about and put on prevent me from saying, "Ma'am, for $495 I will coat your car with Opti-Coat Pro". And then proceed to use whatever I want.

That consumer would have to bring that car back to the detailer, 3 times over the next three years at $100 a pop (minimum) to fulfill the terms of the warranty

Google Opti-Coat 2.0 and you will see that there already lots of detailers who offer OC2 at above the OCP minimum price mandated by OPT. Consumers do not know the difference between Compound and Polksh, much less OCP and OC2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    You don't pay attention in class....too busy listening to detailing podcasts

I can't help you at this point

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would the shorter life-span of whatever I lie about and put on prevent me from saying, "Ma'am, for $495 I will coat your car with Opti-Coat Pro". And then proceed to use whatever I want.OC2
    1- this part of your post shows that you are thinking like a salesman. Most people and detailers are honest and do not think like that.

2 - i still can't figure out why you are so concerned with this issue since your made it clear that you have no interest in the product itself.

3 - did you ever receive a reply from DR G about their claim of OC thickness? What was it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco View Post
    In regards to "permanent"...let's say you walk in to a car dealer and ask if thepaint job on their new BMW is "permanent"? The sales person will most likely say, "Yes it is".

Anthony
    Seriously?!?!? That's the best you've got ?!?

If a sales person made that statment it would only show their ignorance. Paint that is permanent - L-O-L

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

PS: a potential client can always check who is approved to use OC pro on the optimum website.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Seriously?!?!? That's the best you've got ?!?

If a sales person made that statment it would only show their ignorance
    You live in the same city as Optimum, how is it that you don't just communicate with DR G himself? I mean why the h8te? I don't follow.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany View Post
    1- this part of your post shows that you are thinking like a salesman. Most people and detailers are honest and do not think like that.

2 - i still can't figure out why you are so concerned with this issue since your made it clear that you have no interest in the product itself.

3 - did you ever receive a reply from DR G about their claim of OC thickness? What was it?
    If, as you say, most detaliers are honest, then there is no OPC/OC2 slight of hand that is being suggested. Clearly, I was posing a hypothetical

I am interested, because it is interesting to me

I have received replies to two of my emails to Dr. G.
    He failed to answer the thickness question and the drops per panel question on both occasions

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

If, as you say, most detaliers are honest, then there is no OPC/OC2 slight of hand that is being suggested. Clearly, I was posing a hypothetical

I am interested, because it is interesting to me

I have received replies to two of my emails to Dr. G.
    He failed to answer the thickness question and the drops per panel question on both occasions
    You didn't get this e mail from DR G?

Dear Mr. Allen,

Thank you for your email and sharing your results with us. Your calculations are fairly correct and it does take roughly 3 cc of Opti-Coat to build about 2 micron of film on top of clearcoat paint. Of course this does not apply to single stage paints due to the porosity. There is no loss of water during the reaction but rather water is needed and used as part of the polymerization reaction, hence the need for humidity. As my response from 3 years ago indicates, if you use 20 cc content of the syringe on the painted surfaces of a large SUV, you will end up with about 2-3 microns of Opti-Coat.

As far as wax creating 0.02 microns of film, I think that is too generous since waxes and sealants are in the molecular range of the film thickness. Another factor to consider in regards to waxes, sealants, nano-sealants, and nano-coatings, is that they diminish over time from regular washing with soap, while the thickness of Opti-Coat remains unchanged just like the factory clear. The only way that the thickness of Opti-Coat will be compromised is by intentionally removing it via polishing.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

If, as you say, most detaliers are honest, then there is no OPC/OC2 slight of hand that is being suggested.
    The old number for sociopaths/psychopaths (people without conscience) is estimated at 4% which equals to about 12.5 million in the US of A. So I am correct and you are wrong. Most people are honest, but the few bad seeds will cause issues.

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast