autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How Good Is Pinnacle Sovereign Paste Wax?

Is it really worth the price tag? I've been looking for a new wax to use on a deep red car and I read really good things, but is it worth 60 bucks for 3 oz? I am switching over from Adam's Buttery Wax and Polishes to Megs UC and UP and need to choose a wax. I have always wanted to try Mothers Pure Brazilian Carnauba but thought i'd ask for those of you who have dropped the coin on the expensive Pinnacle and if you were glad you did or if you didn't really notice a difference from other moderately priced waxes. If so I'm going to order the smaller tin from AG, I just feel silly for spending that much on a small amount of wax and wonder if I'm not just getting caught up in some Boutique hype? Anyway would love to hear your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Good Is Pinnacle Sovereign Paste Wax?

its durability lacks, but what it lacks there it makes up in complete beauty. One of the easiest waxes to use, and looks are incredible, depth, wet, slick, nice to use. I'll suggest getting the full tub, more bang for the buck and you'll have it your entire life.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    its durability lacks, but what it lacks there it makes up in complete beauty. One of the easiest waxes to use, and looks are incredible, depth, wet, slick, nice to use. I'll suggest getting the full tub, more bang for the buck and you'll have it your entire life.
    Thanks for the reply. The car I really want to use it on sits in a garage most of the time so not too worried about durability as long is it is not gone in a month or something because I guess I will use it on the daily's too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its worth it. Believe me.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy the 3oz and do your own test vs. Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax

Have someone you trust wax your hood with Sov on one aide and Megs on the other....I dare ya

Really, it's obviously personal preference.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Buy the 3oz and do your own test vs. Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax

Have someone you trust wax your hood with Sov on one aide and Megs on the other....I dare ya

Really, it's obviously personal preference.
    Have the same person apply and remove them both, too.

Souveran is the flagship wax in the Pinnacle (Natural Brilliance) line. It utilizes the finest raw ingredients available, including ivory carnauba wax. Saying that's easy to apply and remove is an understatement.

Go with the larger jar - you won't regret it (nor will you have to purchase more for a long time!).

Here's a nice write up that Mike Phillips posted on Souveran.

All about Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek

Let's take a look at one of the best and easiest car waxes you'll ever use, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Besides smelling absolutely delicious, which makes waxing your car even more enjoyable, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is like no other car wax you have ever used or ever will use. With tens of thousands of jars sold there are tens of thousands of 100% satisfied Pinnacle Paste Wax users across the world, check it out...

Easy to use
    Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax has a butter-like, smooth consistency which makes it one of the easiest waxes on the market to apply. Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax spreads out easily as it glides effortlessly over the paint enabling you to lay down a thin, even layer of wax whether you apply it by hand or machine.

Easy to remove
    Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax doesn’t need to dry before removing and this makes wiping a coat of Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax one of the easiest if not THE easiest waxes to wipe off.

Geographical areas of high heat and humidity
    If you’ve ever lived in a place that gets hot and humid you know how difficult some waxes can be to spread out and then to wipe off. If fact the wipe-off can be so difficult that you can inflict scratches into the paint just from struggling while wiping off wax....

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I'm down to try it, but man they want almost 20 bucks to ship a 3oz container lol!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just bought it and had it delivered last week. Used it on the weekend. I really liked it. It is hard for me to judge how the durability will be because I use Meguiar's Professional Detailer's series of Rinseless Wash and Wax and that leaves my car so smooth. Sovereign was easy to apply and easy to take off and my car was super shiny afterwards.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cfiiman View Post
    Cool, I'm down to try it, but man they want almost 20 bucks to ship a 3oz container lol!
    Give me a call and I'll ship the full size (8 oz.) jar for free. 1-800-869-3011 ext 215.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cfiiman View Post
    Is it really worth the price tag? I've been looking for a new wax to use on a deep red car and I read really good things, but is it worth 60 bucks for 3 oz? I am switching over from Adam's Buttery Wax and Polishes to Megs UC and UP and need to choose a wax. I have always wanted to try Mothers Pure Brazilian Carnauba but thought i'd ask for those of you who have dropped the coin on the expensive Pinnacle and if you were glad you did or if you didn't really notice a difference from other moderately priced waxes. If so I'm going to order the smaller tin from AG, I just feel silly for spending that much on a small amount of wax and wonder if I'm not just getting caught up in some Boutique hype? Anyway would love to hear your thoughts.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast