autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I've got the hang of it (KSG application)

After roughly a year of playing & asking questions I think that I have the knack of application/removal for KSG.

While on vacation, I put a coat of Klasse on my car (vacations are for relaxing and this relaxes me). Anyway I found that giving the applicator pad (sponge pad) one or two mists of Megs QD (the basic one, not the Ultimate or anything ... although I will have to try the KSG/UQD 1:6 blend next) and then using a 2 oz spray bottle and spritzing two or three spots directly on the panel and immediately spreading it on the panel made application fairly easy.

I covered the whole car then took a damp/dry (more dry than damp) microfiber (dampen it in water or QD, wring it out, then let it dry in the sun until you're ready to use it). Then once you've given the KSG time to 'set up,' buff off the residue. The slight dampness of the mf will give more 'cut' to the towel and allow the residue to be removed easily.

The result was a completely flawless shine, the SS paint was bright and deep red there were no scratches or swirls to be seen and the car seemed to glow in the sunlight.

I even did the windows and when the bugs hit, there was just the slightest marks and when it rained as I was driving, the marks faded to almost nothing (without wiper use) and when cleaning the windows after the 250 mile drive, they just wiped clean with a damp cloth.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I think I've got the hang of it (KSG application)

IMO, if it took as long as it did for you, for me to leaner to apply Klasse, I wouldn't use it. Damp applicator, no over applying, seems there are way easier products to use with 5x the looks. But thats just me....

nice ride though, looking sharp. Wonder what it would look like with more boutique stuff on it....
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Don it looks like you've got your own way of applying/removing KSG and if that works for you who am I to say otherwise. That said though, KSG is acrylic and needs no time to "set up", its on and off. Just curious, how long did it take you from start to finish to do the Aerio w/ KSG using your method?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: I think I've got the hang of it (KSG application)

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    IMO, if it took as long as it did for you, for me to leaner to apply Klasse, I wouldn't use it. Damp applicator, no over applying, seems there are way easier products to use with 5x the looks. But thats just me....

nice ride though, looking sharp. Wonder what it would look like with more boutique stuff on it....
    Hey Rolla, if you needed some tips on applying KSG you should've dropped me a PM, I would've been happy to help out. Do you have unused KSG you don't use?

As far as how it would look with a more "boutique" product, IMO KSG is a boutique product, its just one that's been around for a while. Its price point is more than OTC products but not high like Fuzion or the like.

I feel the method that was passed onto me by the place I used to get all my products from before I found AG is the BEST way to apply KSG. From start to finish I can have my car done in 45 minutes, no windows w/ KSG but that's just me, for that I would use KAIO.

Input from the both of you, please

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Rolla, if you needed some tips on applying KSG you should've dropped me a PM, I would've been happy to help out. Do you have unused KSG you don't use?

As far as how it would look with a more "boutique" product, IMO KSG is a boutique product, its just one that's been around for a while. Its price point is more than OTC products but not high like Fuzion or the like.

I feel the method that was passed onto me by the place I used to get all my products from before I found AG is the BEST way to apply KSG. From start to finish I can have my car done in 45 minutes, no windows w/ KSG but that's just me, for that I would use KAIO.

Input from the both of you, please

Ha, thanks! I'm good with the application, it's just not my thing!

When I said boutique I meant along the lines of a Wolfgang or Pinnacle, just because those products really bring Red to life! Klasse to me has a candied look, that red car would look great with some WGDGPS or the like.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your right about the "candied" look, some use the term "plastic looking" but your right, certain nubas do seem to bring out more red. I used Fuzion on my buddy's 79' RX7 but its painted the red from the Mazdaspeed Miata/MS6 and 2nd gen MS3's and it came out great!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    When I said boutique I meant along the lines of a Wolfgang or Pinnacle, just because those products really bring Red to life! Klasse to me has a candied look, that red car would look great with some WGDGPS or the like.
    One place I think Klasse SG excels in appearance is lighter metallic colors. When I've used it on my gray metallic Mazda3 or a silver BMW E46 3-series before that, the look is amazing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

•What is the goal of having LSPs on vehicles?
    -I'll venture a guess and say:
    'It's to have as much of a "sacrificial barrier" on their panel surfaces as possible'.

•With that in mind I'll also venture a guess that:
    When:
    -You apply/wipe a sacrificial barrier-product (an LSP) to a vehicle's panel...
    And:
    -Then proceed to immediately wipe it off---"The WOWO Method"...
    Thereby:
    -Not allowing any of the LSP-products' ingredients to dry/haze;
    Then:
    -How much of this protective sacrificial barrier-product could possibly be left on the vehicles' surfaces?

•I venture one more guess and say that:
    -Even by allowing LSPs to dry/haze---and then "wiping-off"...
    -There'll only be somewhere ~ 7 millionths of an inch left behind to act as a sacrificial barrier.

-Then...IMHO...Performing: The WOWO Method will reduce that already infinitesimal amount drastically: Try to visualize less than 7 millionths of an inch thickness!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    Without having the KSG infront of me right now to verify but IIRC it says to wipe it on and then wipe it off. Its also how I was told by the people I bought it from as well and having used it since 2005 w/o any problems who am I to argue, just sayin';-)

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

My Klasse SG's label has these directions:

But to each their own methods...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast