autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone here use Tuff Shine? I have a question

I bought this product after hearing a bunch of people wow over it. Now this should be a dead simple product to use, spray on tire, let dwell, scrub with brush then rinse off. Not even I can mess this one up. I parked my car in the shade and went to work on it. I spray on the TS, let it dwell, but when I scrub with the TS brush I'm not getting any foam. I tried again this time using a lot more TS, again no foam. Using my head I tried on an already wet tire, nope no foam. In the videos on Youtube I'm seeing all sorts of brown foam when they start using the product. And the directions say to do the steps until you scrub and the foam's white. The product's clearly doing something as my brush is pretty dark after I've agitated the tire. But with no foam I'm wondering how well this products working for me.

I've tried on 3 different occasions now and the same story, spray, wait a minute, scrub, nope no foam.

This is the regular bottle that hasn't been diluted. And I have tire dressing on my wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone here use Tuff Shine? I have a question

I had the same experience, I didn't really see anything till about the 5th round of scrubbing. Yes my brush also turned black even though there was no foam or white bubbles. I used 2 bottles of TufShine cleaner...

Post Thanks / Like

i always use a wash bucket with soap to clean wheels with tuff shine and have had no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, I'm kind of upset I'm not getting the same results the youtube video people did. But if this is normal for you 2, I'm guessing I don't need to worry.

Good to know I wasn't screwing up a product that's idiot proof

I should probably order the gallon concentrate, unless I'm way overusing it, this stuff goes pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious as to what product you had on the tires and how old the tires are? I had CarPro PERL on for a little while, I would have thought it would have been a breeze to clean since the tires are practically brand new...

Post Thanks / Like

maybe if you get a foaming spray bottle the outcome could be different, but only time i get it to foam up is by using the wash bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 281 View Post
    Curious as to what product you had on the tires and how old the tires are? I had CarPro PERL on for a little while, I would have thought it would have been a breeze to clean since the tires are practically brand new...
    Last 2 things I used were Chemical Guys VRP and Miguairs DUB whatever shine. Tires are I dunno a bit over a year old I guess. What was throwing me off here's when you've applied enough coatings the foam from scrubbing will be white. I'm not getting any foam of any color. Ok, I'm not getting brown foam, my tires aren't bad, but I should get the white stuff. And on the YT videos they don't just get a little, there's a whole lot.

oh well...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah scrub, scrub, scrub, nothing but the brush is hella black - go figure...6-7 is the magic number I'm sure you'll get it

Post Thanks / Like

The Tuf Shine cleaner is very expensive, so to be sure I get the most out of it, I always do a pre-cleaning with something like Super Clean degreaser. I scrub the tires until I get white foam with it, then switch to the TS cleaner.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to confirm you bought the kit and you using the TufShine CLEANER to prep for application of the TufShine protectant...right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast