autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash process

I'm trying to see if a step or two can be eliminated.

This is how I do a rinseless wash.
    I spray a panel down with ONR. Then take my mitt or towel from ONR filled bucket, wipe off.

Then ring out a WW in water bucket. Wipe down.

Then wipe with dry MF to eliminate streaks.

My question is can I spray QD on the wet panel and be done with it. Would the wet ONR panel sprayed with QD still streak or would QD dry things up and allow me to skip a step

Post Thanks / Like
    What I meant is spray QD then wipe off and not have any streaks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash process

I use the Gary Dean method with 1 gallon of distilled water ($0.99) and 1oz of ONR. Blot dry with a waffle weave and final wipe with a dry MF towel. No streaks on a non-metallic black.

Depending on how wet your panel is after you ONR, you can use a spray wax or QD before drying. If you really have a lot of ONR solution on the panel after the wash, I would blot dry to remove the majority of the solution, then QD with a dry MF towel for a final wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO...
    By inserting a QD-step in the ONR rinseless-wash process means that: you either don't exactly place much trust in ONR's ability to leave a surface "shiny/slick"/etc...
    or, don't have the rinseless-wash process' steps quite down pat yet.

If that's the case:
    You may be miles ahead by using the following rinseless-product. And the "two towel" wipe-down system:

Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax D-11501, rinseless car wash, rinseless wash and wax

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody's got their own process, but I'm not sure why you are doing the drying with a wet towel then a dry towel. You shouldn't get any streaking in the drying process--ONR doesn't streak. If you are getting streaking, you don't have have the surface clean enough before drying.

Are you returning your wash media to the bucket after using it on the car? Are you using a rinse bucket? I usually don't do a presoak unless there is winter salt or a lot of dirt. There are 100 ways to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Try distilled water too, in addition to what SETEC said, distilled water leaves no streak and utilizes the product to its fullest.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    IMO...
    By inserting a QD-step in the ONR rinseless-wash process means that: you either don't exactly place much trust in ONR's ability to leave a surface "shiny/slick"/etc...
    or, don't have the rinseless-wash process' steps quite down pat yet.

If that's the case:
    You may be miles ahead by using the following rinseless-product. And the "two towel" wipe-down system:

Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax D-11501, rinseless car wash, rinseless wash and wax

Bob
    Just did my first waterless wash yesterday and am hooked. I got the Eco Touch WW on sale at Target ($4/bottle) but have been interested in the Meg's due to it being more economical. You think the Wash & Wax or the regular Wash product is the way to go? I'm torn between the idea of a wash that leaves no protection or one that does. I usually do a spray wax when drying, but would likely not be doing that step if doing a WW.

Sorry for the thread hijack, just saw the Meg's product mentioned which I've been interested in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tacket View Post
    Just did my first waterless wash yesterday and am hooked. I got the Eco Touch WW on sale at Target ($4/bottle) but have been interested in the Meg's due to it being more economical. You think the Wash & Wax or the regular Wash product is the way to go? I'm torn between the idea of a wash that leaves no protection or one that does. I usually do a spray wax when drying, but would likely not be doing that step if doing a WW.

Sorry for the thread hijack, just saw the Meg's product mentioned which I've been interested in.
    Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+) or Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless wash with Caranuba are far better deals than the Megs product. The Megs product is very good, but a pricey in comparison.

UWW+ is my favorite on my black car, Pinnacle is my overall favorite as it is much slicker than either of the other choices and the caranuba looks great. It is streaky due to the wax on my black car. Megs did not streak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+) or Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless wash with Caranuba are far better deals than the Megs product. The Megs product is very good, but a pricey in comparison.

UWW+ is my favorite on my black car, Pinnacle is my overall favorite as it is much slicker than either of the other choices and the caranuba looks great. It is streaky due to the wax on my black car. Megs did not streak.
    Good to know. My car is black as well. Always looking for a deal. Will have to give UWW+ a serious look as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tacket View Post
    Good to know. My car is black as well. Always looking for a deal. Will have to give UWW+ a serious look as well.
    For a black car UWW+ is the only thing you need. Buy a gallon of distilled water and mix at 1oz to 44oz of water. UWW+ is praised on this site for a reason, it's excellent. I no longer need any quick detailers, UWW+ replaced them. It looks better and is far safer to use. I actually waterless wash my car every 2-3 days now. Only takes 30 minutes, and keeping a car clean is easier than getting a car clean.

I use only quality MF towels, and I have yet to see any paint damage from UWW+. I do go around my car with my detail light checking for streaks, so if it were to damage, I would know about it. Once my Pinnacle runs out, my wifes car will be getting UWW+ as well. 1 gallon of UWW+ for $120 will make 44 gallons of waterless wash, pretty economical if you ask me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast