autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Detail Brush(es) for Exterior: Emblems & Badges etc.

Dear detailing comrades,

For some reason the seemingly simply and deceivingly mundane task of finding that elusive suitable, dependable, and effective detail brush (or brush set) has been an uphill battle in bare feet over broken glass.

• SwissVax Brushes
    • RaceGlaze Brush Set
    • Envy Valeting Brush Set

-- where does an obsessive compulsive maniac like me begin? AutoGeek, that's where.

What we're most concerned about (as the post title suggests) would be vehicle emblems and badging (e.g. Mercedes symbol, model numbers, Porsche lettering etc.) where iron deposits and other nightmarish atmospheric contaminants settle and aggregate into horribly thick yellow spots and discoloration -- I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about! On our clients' vehicles (like Audis for example with the four rings as their symbol) there are tons of fine angles and places for dirt to hide and take "shelter" around and under curvatures. On white especially these nasty critters are obnoxiously apparent after our initial cleansing phases, and anything less than perfection for our customers won't do as long as I'm around!

We've gotten along well enough using a combination of artist's brushes and allowing products to dwell like CarPro's TRIX or Iron-X and so forth but REALLY want something more dedicated and specifically designed toward accomplishing this type of intricate non-marring detailing.

Someone in a thread from years ago (yes, I did some advanced searching before making this new thread) mentioned that Envy Valeting was fantastic at a fraction of the cost of others, but I didn't know they were based in the UK, so that might be a hiccup.

So...how do the brushes mentioned above compares to one another, (SwissVax, RaceGlaze, Envy, and others I'm sure I'm missing)... and, are they reeeally worth around $40 once shipping is calculated? ALL thoughts, insight, and comparisons are welcome

As always, THANKS SO MUCH gentlemen!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Detail Brush(es) for Exterior: Emblems & Badges etc.

I use the RaceGlaze and Wheel Woolie brushes. The RG brushes are more aggressive as they are shorter and firmer, the WW brushes are longer but flex a lot. The WW brushes are great for cowls and lug nuts.

They are all worth whatever you are willing to pay for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Brush(es) for Exterior: Emblems & Badges etc.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I use the RaceGlaze and Wheel Woolie brushes. The RG brushes are more aggressive as they are shorter and firmer, the WW brushes are longer but flex a lot. The WW brushes are great for cowls and lug nuts.

They are all worth whatever you are willing to pay for them.
    Well I spent around $1k in pure chemicals by the gallon just last month alone, so I have no issue spending what is required to get something worthy!

I have an awesome brush for lugs and such, Tony from drillbrush.com really hooked me up with some attachments for my Makita (I'm making a video now for our Facebook and YouTube channel) - but with the fragile nature of clear coat, I was looking for exhortation or counsel for or against perhaps a certain bristle type, length, hair (hog's, horse, boar) or company offering, and your post helped eliminate some!

Looks like RaceGlaze is solid, although I did find out Envy Brushes will ship from the UK for around $28 USD when you do the conversion (just have to wait an extra week, and we already have some awesome BMWs and Porsches coming up soon).

I also found a pretty awesome site called solobrushes, they have a dizzying array of choices there as well.

At the end of the day I just want to feel I'm making the right purchase decision for the business. As we expand year by year, our expenditures become more pivotal and calculated. Thanks a lot man!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Brush(es) for Exterior: Emblems & Badges etc.

Bump
    "Don't Drive Dull!"