autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permaplate

Post Thanks / Like

Permaplate

Home - PermaPlate

Has anyone heard of this Permaplate? I found the car I wanted in the color I wanted but it was in Orl. The dealer was a Autonation dealer. I inspected the car in full sunlight and my led flashlight. Paint looked great with minimal DISO.

Then I see this permaplate sticker on the window. The Permaplate added $800(inside and out protection) to the price of the car but I did not pay for it.

SO what the hell does $800 add?? I researched it a bit and can this be removed with polishing? And same with the interior, I will be coating the leather with Black Label.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Permaplate

I would venture to say just an other dealer spray that needs to be reapplied every 6 months.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

The $800 adds $800 into someone pocket, nothing more

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure that $800 can be removed. Take some goof off and a plastic razor blade and that sticker will come right off. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like any other "dealer installed" protection package.

The critical information on whether or not it'll provide some sort of super-duper long lasting protection I found on their web site.
    "To retain this good head start, we recommend the Perma Plate Maintenance Kit. Available as part of the Perma Plate protection system, our PermaPlate Paintguard Renewer and Wash Concentrate make it easy to maintain your automobile's brilliant finish well into the future."

IOW's... take it back every 6 months or that $800 is wasted. (Even though you happened not to pay it.) PBL for instance also needs a "booster" every 6 months. And of course depending on the severity of the DISO's that price (from us) will run from $595. Of course ymmv......

Post Thanks / Like

"...PermaPlate Paintguard’s exclusive paint sealant protection formula..."

All you need to know-- just another sealant being marketed to the uninformed customer.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to get my hands on a small amount of Perma Plate.I waxed my new 2016 Tahoe the look is to die for, the ease of application was just like putting butter on bread. For all those who say it tough to apply not true. As to the Dealer I can't speak to that, but it really works to the sparkle and shines.

Post Thanks / Like

Most dealers don't even apply it honestly.

I worked a several, and they'd just keep the car in detail for an extra hour and slap the sticker on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RFrommann View Post
    Most dealers don't even apply it honestly.

I worked a several, and they'd just keep the car in detail for an extra hour and slap the sticker on.

Surprised they even change oil

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, reviving an old thread. I was given a Perma Plate kit today. A lady I see at my day job knows I detail cars, so, she said last week she had some detailing stuff from the dealer her husband works at. I asked if it was a car wash kit, she said it was weird that she would bring me a box??? So I get to the account, and sure enough there is a Perma Plate box waiting for me. She said she has 10 or so more if I want them. I guess the dealer was given the pitch, but declined to offer the products. I was just tickled when I opened up the box, kind of like seeing inside the enemies secret places. After reading the instructions and seeing what is inside the box, it appears to be.... Car wash soap, Leather conditioner, upholstery cleaner, and a liquid type of wax. Wax and conditioner are labeled as "Renewer". Wax is recommended to be reapplied every 6 months, leather conditioner every 3 months. I have really no desire to use it, but might find a friend who might let me experiment. Any questions, or if someone wants these, let me know, I could ask for the rest of them, she did offer them all to if I wanted them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast