autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use Rinseless as their primary wash method?

I just got my first gallon of ONR in the mail today. I am very excited to use this stuff. I mainly bought it so I can have something to wipe the bug guts off on a daily basis or when necessary.

However, I have been watching a lot of videos on rinseless washes... and it just looks so ridiculously simple. Does anyone here use rinseless as their mainstay method for washing? Are there any major disadvantages? I was thinking even if your car was just super filthy, you could stop by a car wash and pre rinse it with a pressure washer, and then finish it off at home with a rinseless.

Seems like it dries easier, less chance of water spots. If you use the "gary dean" method then you can conserve your product because it's still clean, and therefore it's very cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone use Rinseless as their primary wash method?

I do, infact I can't remember when I used a soap for my personal car. I wash every other week, with various rinseless products, its super easy for my car and I'm always thrilled with the results/ease of use.

I use distilled water in my bucket, usually UWW+ rinseless ratio or Pinnacle Rinseless. And a butt load of green chinchilla towels.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not my preferred, however i seem to do a lot of them when mobile detailing. I do so much mobile detailing that it adds up more than standard washing or foam/cannon method.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

On my DD, which stays outside all the time in PA, I've done a total of one hose & bucket wash all year, and that was just to do a thorough spring cleaning once the road salting was over. During the worst of winter, I'd blow it off outside with my pressure washer, then pull it in the garage to do a rinseless. I don't have to contend with any dirt or mud roads, which makes a difference, but I have complete confidence that good technique with ONR, DG, Ultima or Meguiar's rinseless products is plenty safe.

Bill

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just received a gallon of Megs D114. I also originally planned to prepare a spray bottle for bugs and sticky dirt removal. Now I'm thinking of using it after a quick hose down with water, or maybe even after a foam cannon dwell and rinse. Then finish the wash in the garage, any time of day.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not taken out the hose in over 2 years. I'm a mobile detailer and it is all I use.

Post Thanks / Like

I NEVER use it.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER as a primary wash...as I have the time and plenty of water. In the winter, its usually the local touchless wash, which does a nice job (minus the wax option), and doesn't hurt my coating whatsoever.

My reasons are that I am not apposed to the idea, but I hate the one panel at a time (pre-soak, wash, wipe, dry)...then go to the next panel (same thing over again)...then to the next...etc...I really hate that.

I like to do whole car...foam, wash, rinse, dry...4 steps...NOT 4 steps per panel.

Just me I guess.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vandau View Post
    I just received a gallon of Megs D114. I also originally planned to prepare a spray bottle for bugs and sticky dirt removal. Now I'm thinking of using it after a quick hose down with water, or maybe even after a foam cannon dwell and rinse. Then finish the wash in the garage, any time of day.
    This is what I do.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    NEVER as a primary wash...as I have the time and plenty of water. In the winter, its usually the local touchless wash, which does a nice job (minus the wax option), and doesn't hurt my coating whatsoever.

My reasons are that I am not apposed to the idea, but I hate the one panel at a time (pre-soak, wash, wipe, dry)...then go to the next panel (same thing over again)...then to the next...etc...I really hate that.

I like to do whole car...foam, wash, rinse, dry...4 steps...NOT 4 steps per panel.

Just me I guess.
    You're not the only one.

I like your replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast