autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question: Griot's Garage MicroFiber and Foam Pad Cleaner

I recently bought a gallon of this stuff. When I received the package, the instruction on the container says: use the microfiber cleaner with regular laundry detergent. I guess I am a little confused at this point: does this stuff have any cleaning ability in it? if so why it has to be used with regular detergent?

Anyway for the first load I did used it the way it mentioned. That's a lot of cleaner overall: you have a few oz of regular detergent and then another few oz of microfiber cleaner. As a result, the load generated tons of suds in the washing machine and I had to use few extra rinsing cycles. The result turned out pretty good however. the towels did few a little softer than usual

However, I really want to know if it is really necessary to use it with regular detergent. I certainly want to avoid this combination. No one wants to carry two types of cleaners every time to wash towels. it the GG cleaner has to be used with regular one, why would it say it's a cleaner? Any folks used this stuff can leave some feedback?

I found out AG didnt carry this, so here is a brief description I found on Amazon:

Breaks up and cleans polish, wax, and sealant residue from your micro fiber cloths and foam pads
    Add 2 - 4 ounces to your washing machine when you launder micro fiber cloths
    Soak foam pads and rinse to thoroughly remove polish granules, and wax and sealant residue
    Leaves pads and towels clean for the next job

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link where they use the GG MF cleaner...enjoy! (Except don't use cold water like he said, use HOT water)

Washing Microfiber Towels - SweetCars Minute Deta…: http://youtu.be/8R8JikIfrJ0
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online