autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for distributors

To this point, I've used Meguiars on my vehicles. Now that I'm thinking about doing this in a professional capacity, I find that it's just like Carpet Cleaning. I've got a distributor I use that is on the national level, and their products are top notch and not available to the normal consumer. Professional strength, if youw will.

As I read through all this, I see that many of you talk about products I've never heard of. I'm located in Virginia, the SW corner of the state. Who should I look for near me?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for distributors

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Rogers View Post
    To this point, I've used Meguiars on my vehicles. Now that I'm thinking about doing this in a professional capacity, I find that it's just like Carpet Cleaning. I've got a distributor I use that is on the national level, and their products are top notch and not available to the normal consumer. Professional strength, if youw will.

As I read through all this, I see that many of you talk about products I've never heard of. I'm located in Virginia, the SW corner of the state. Who should I look for near me?
    Don't know where to send you for a brick and mortar store, but I will say a lot of products you will see are duplicated. i.e. same product, different label

Post Thanks / Like

I do not use one product line. I let the paint tell me what will work best by doing test spots.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are confused. High quality detailing products as far as I have seen with maybe the exception of MF towels are online only through only a select few resellers. I can't list them here as that is not allowed. Take Meg's they do produce a detailers line which is available on this very site it consists of highly concentrated products in large quantity. Thus lowering overhead. But if you go to local lines 99% of the time I guarantee you will end up with an inferior product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    I think you are confused. High quality detailing products as far as I have seen with maybe the exception of MF towels are online only through only a select few resellers. I can't list them here as that is not allowed. Take Meg's they do produce a detailers line which is available on this very site it consists of highly concentrated products in large quantity. Thus lowering overhead. But if you go to local lines 99% of the time I guarantee you will end up with an inferior product.

Well said!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I'm located in Virginia, the SW corner of the state. Who should I look for near me?
    You're probably talking about locating PBE/Jobbers.
    Most of the larger car detailing supply companies have these type of distributors in all 50 States and often in many countries around the World.

-There's: CarBrite, Presta, ProWax, AutoMagic, Malco, and even Meguiar's, among a host of others.
    -One example of a Virginia PBE is: E&M Auto Paint and Supply.

Contacting these folks is just a few web-site phone #s and/or emails away.
    Jobber trucks will often offer "to your door delivery".

Buying bulk:
    Good Business Practice that's good for the bottom line!!

For some more info/possibilities...
    Be creative and Google-up things like:
    -"car detailing supplies distributors in Virginia"
    -"car detailing supplies PBE/Jobbers in Virginia"

Hope this gives you at least a kick-start, in your quest.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti