autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using Meguiars Wheel Brightener to decontaminate Rail Dust?

Quote Originally Posted by mark98xlt View Post
    It wasn't my intention to use the product in this manner, I was mostly curious about the statement I heard to see if it was true, hence why I came on here to ask as you guys would hopefully debunk the truth to the statement
    I'm glad you had no intentions of using Meguiar's D140...
    And: I don't believe I said anything to the contrary.

I expected to hear from you
    I'm glad I didn't disappoint...
    But why is that?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, didn't mean to go off the charts or offend anybody. That product is just a nightmare.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I'm glad you had no intentions of using Meguiar's D140...
    And: I don't believe I said anything to the contrary.

I'm glad I didn't disappoint...
    But why is that?

Bob
    I meant the whole forums opinion, not specifically yours I replied that quickly at work and worded it wrong

Post Thanks / Like

I meant the whole forums opinion, not specifically yours I replied that quickly at work and worded it wrong

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

hello,

I just found that Meguiars Wheel Brightener is the best to remove water spots on paint and windows !
    Your trick worked ! after buying all the useless Meguiars products to remove water spots, I found videos explaining that what works best is the Wheel Brightener. I feel cheated to have used and waster time on anything else, you should be more honest and clearly tell that your Wheel Brightener is what will work best for anybody with water spots problem on car paint and windows !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    WB can damage paint and can certainly damage wheels. I used it starting out and have since turned from my wicked ways. Use WB long enough and you'll damage something, yourself included. With all that risk, it still won't work as well as Iron X. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

WB is THE most unpredictable product I have ever used in detailing. It can cause streaks, haze, remove center cap paint from wheels, damage caliper paint, etc, etc, etc. I never used this product on an expensive car, only on very cheap dealer cars...and even then I'm not sure it was worth the risk.

I have gone down the same path you are going down. Don't go down that path.

Acids, in general, are not safe for detailing and HF is the WORST.

There are a few applications where acid may be necessary in detailing (rarely), but HF is almost always a poor choice. There are better "safer" acids.

So maybe you consider idiots people using it on a Ferrari car paint water spot !

Why people talking about car detailing cannot be honest ? All people saying that something does not work or is dangerous are just ridiculous, or maybe paid by brands to keep repeating the same lies over and over !

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to disappoint you but you're talking to the wind. The guy posted that 6 years ago and I haven't seen him post here in a long time.

Oh, and most of what he posted is considered by many to be correct.

8. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benzw205 View Post
    So maybe you consider idiots people using it on a Ferrari car paint water spot !

Why people talking about car detailing cannot be honest ? All people saying that something does not work or is dangerous are just ridiculous, or maybe paid by brands to keep repeating the same lies over and over !
    You mean Darren from Auto Fetish and that video he posted a long time ago using Wheel Brightener on that Ferrari paint to remove water spots right? Idiot? Not me, I consider him 1 of the best detailers out there and 1 of the best sources of great info you’ll find on youtube. That’s a man who spreaks from actual experience unlike alot of these Jonny come Lately guys who regurgitate whatevers on every label and are mostly in it for views and financial gain. There’s a huge difference between those 2 types of people... With only 1 being worthy of being called an actual detailer.

I’ve learned alot from watching Darrens vids including that related video where he uses Wheel Brightener on the intricate grills of many vehicles. I’ve met him in real life and he’s a stand up guy just like you’d expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but you're talking to the wind. The guy posted that 6 years ago and I haven't seen him post here in a long time.

Oh, and most of what he posted is considered by many to be correct.
    As far as the 2nd part of your post... We certainly aren’t getting paid to follow any certain narrative.

However alot of people, not calling anyone out in particular, but in general it would seem that most people would either fall into looking like either being guilty of label regurgitation [aka many on youtube] or I guess you could call them “ridiculous”

I’ll give an example... As far as Wheel Brightener on paint, it’s safe. I know its safe because I’ve used it to remove water spots before and caused zero harm. OEM wheels are clear coated... We all know this. Somehow people seem to throw out these glaring facts to condemn a certain product because of the fear factor that seems to occur whenever the word “acid” walks into the room. It’s ridiculous.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention this... An official preacher of detailing gospel has a somewhat recent video available on their channel [the rag company] where they test all these boutique water spot removers and they also include a good old acid based wheel cleaner. The test is on the paint of a dark blue vehicle. The results clearly showed the acid based wheel cleaner blow away every single dedicated water spot remover they tested. Just like most people could’ve predicted because anyone who’s used something like Carpro Spotless knows there’s no way in hell it’ll ever remeove any real water spots when you really need it to.

Even they themselves had to chuckle at what a wide margin of victory there was between the acid based wheel cleaner and all of the rest of the dedicated products. So there it is there. Of course Wheel Brightener works on car paint to remove water spots. And does it safely too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So there it is there. Of course Wheel Brightener works on car paint to remove water spots. And does it safely too.
    I would add one note of caution - do not get it on aluminum trim. When I was in the decorative aluminum trim 'biz with The General, we used ammonium bifluoride solution to etch the moldings before anodizing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast