autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

IZ Einszett kristall klar washer fluid concentrate

1Z Einszett Kristall Klar Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate 250 ml

Picked it up last order. Interesting to see how it does.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IZ Einszett kristall klar washer fluid concentrate

I have some. It works IMO. Nothing spectacular but its easy on the paint. It will freeze when temps drop just be aware of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you expect temps to drop below freezing, you can use Anti-Frost.

http://www.autogeek.net/einszett-ant...her-fluid.html

Post Thanks / Like

Just mixed up a gallon this morning. Ill report how it does....
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! They put some thought in this one. Amazing cleaning ability. Made short work of bug guts on the way to work. I have used the pinnacle additive. Sorry. This wins, hands down. I would order again in a heart beat......
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Just mixed up a gallon this morning. Ill report how it does....
    How did you get rid of the current fluid mix in your car? Just hold down the washer until it was empty?

Post Thanks / Like

This product cleans well ... very well. It does however leave a film on the rest of the glass. Make sure you don't over add the product, follow the directions properly.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    This product cleans well ... very well. It does however leave a film on the rest of the glass. Make sure you don't over add the product, follow the directions properly.
    I experienced something similar. It can dry in streaks if you use too much especially when used driving.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

All this info is good to know, I've been thinking of ordering this for a while now. Does anyone know how the Anti-Frost version performs? Was planning on getting both and just mixing my own from now on since the concentrate is such a good deal for the amount you can make.

Einszett Anti-frost Washer Fluid, Einszett windshield washer fluid, antifreeze washerfluid, glass cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    All this info is good to know, I've been thinking of ordering this for a while now. Does anyone know how the Anti-Frost version performs? Was planning on getting both and just mixing my own from now on since the concentrate is such a good deal for the amount you can make.

Einszett Anti-frost Washer Fluid, Einszett windshield washer fluid, antifreeze washerfluid, glass cleaner
    here's the deal.

i run the Anti-Frost in my C 63. the reason is stupid: Mercedes used to have a concentrate called WinterFit for cold climates that was similar to Anti-Frost, but you mixed it with much more distilled water as it was a super rich concentrate. it didn't affect paint/rubber/plastic headlamps, etc. and as far as i know, it didn't have methyl alcohol in it. welp, they discontinued it and their suggestion for cold climates is to mix their current "SummerFit" concentrate (which is very similar to the Kristall Klar) with regular washer fluid. i used the washers once when the car got kinda buggy/dirty after a long drive before washing the car and Anti-Frost worked incredibly. BUT...that was the first and last time. because i don't use my cleaning system and my entire car is coated (Opti-Lens/Opti-Guard/Opti-Glass) so i guess it doesn't really matter what i have in there. but the point is i wanted the least harmful product that is closest to what Merc originally prescribed for my car. so i went with the 1Z AF. it's safe, works well (if you actually use it) and it's expensive as hell, haha.

imo Anti-Frost is normally severely overpriced so you need to get creative to buy it right. you don't get much solution once it's mixed, esp. if you need to mix it for the lower range of temps. i mean, $7-$9 for HALF A GALLON OF TOTAL SOLUTION (1L of concentrate + 1L of distilled water) if you need to protect down to -15!!! and it's best to under dilute vs. over since when you are driving, the reservoir is more likely to freeze. it depends on the car and the area. anyway, if you can cop several on sale PLUS a promotional discount and somehow get it shipped free, that's the best situation to get it and that is how i got mine from Autogeek or Autopia (i forgot).

Kristall Klar is cool but you definitely want to overdilute it a bit because it's concentrated more than they let you know. and, it'll freeze. you could do what Merc recommends for freezing temps and mix it with blue stuff, but then you are back in the harsh methanol/chemical game. so it's best to just get Anti-Frost if you want the best of the best AND freezing temps are possible.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast