autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 117 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1230
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coated my tires today and WOW,

Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo19 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed AMMO Mud but the shipping on a bottle is ridiculous. I borrowed (and never gave back) the bottle my friend bought and it lasted me 4ish years.
    Lmao. Coated my tires today and WOW,

I've got the TW Endura Tire Coating on my tires and I literally haven't touched them in over 2 months. [my car is filthy ATM]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    My wife got new tires and I cleaned and scrubbed them down this afternoon. I was going to wait a couple weeks before I did this but what the hell. The first pic is the d/s and is a new tire coating (balm) as it's called and I can't say publicly what it is but it will soon be here and is from a big company which sells products here (drop me a PM). The p/s tire is coated with TAC systems tire coating, a brand I hope ends up here!

I applied 2x's, leaving 10 mins in between and her car isn't going anywhere till tomorrow morning, plenty of time to cure for sure. It's about 55 degrees down here in the garage, so not too bad here but outside sucks right now, cold November rain...AxlCoated my tires today and WOW,Coated my tires today and WOW,Coated my tires today and WOW,

As you can see the d/s is a bit more glossy and that product is a thick, milky consistency, spreads well and finish is controllable and DOESN'T SLING!

The p/s has a more matte finish. When I apply this product I use a small 2 ounce metal spray bottle, it's what I have and I mist it into the applicator because it's very watery, completely different from the other product.

I've been using both products for quite some time and find the finish of both of them really nice and durability good too. On my own car I refresh about every 2-3 weeks but since I have it on my wife's car that isn't going to be the case, so durability tests will be more true and "real world", trust meCoated my tires today and WOW,

Looking forward to seeing how this goes but keep in mind these are brand new tires, they probably will be outgassing over the next couple weeks or so, plus it's only going to get colder, snowy and salty. I'm sure a single coat refresh will happen but pics before that will be posted and evaluated, thanks for lookingCoated my tires today and WOW,

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ok, first pic is after a spray/scrub/rinse...nothing applied afterwards. The 2nd pic, same thing. 1st tire pic is TAC system tire coat, the 2nd pic is a new tire balm coming here in time. Keep in mind, tires aren't a week old yet.

I will apply fresh coats right after this and will post those pics later.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

1st pic is TAC system tire coat and pic #2 is that Tire Balm, 1 coat each, that's it.

Day after Thanksgiving!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it comes out clearly in the photographs, but I put on two coats of 303 Tire Coating. As some of you know, I'm a shiny tire junky - not greasy shiny, but shiny. Two coats gives it a pretty good shine. Definitely needs a completely clean surface, as you can tell by some poor adherence near the rim.

(Just mounted my winter wheels and tires. Will probably need to touch up the wheel coating with some Moonlight.)

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Not sure it comes out clearly in the photographs, but I put on two coats of 303 Tire Coating. As some of you know, I'm a shiny tire junky - not greasy shiny, but shiny. Two coats gives it a pretty good shine. Definitely needs a completely clean surface, as you can tell by some poor adherence near the rim.

(Just mounted my winter wheels and tires. Will probably need to touch up the wheel coating with some Moonlight.)

(Sent via my mobile device...)
    Looks great Kevin!

Your in on the ground floor of this product, looking forward to your thoughts over time with the 303 Tire Balm.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried using the TW Endura Shine Trim Coating on tires? If so, what was the outcome? I have approx. 16-20 bottles of this stuff on the shelf in the garage. I also have 8-10 bottles of the tire coating in the garage as well, but if the trim coating could work I will use that as well. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ge0rge View Post
    Has anyone tried using the TW Endura Shine Trim Coating on tires? If so, what was the outcome? I have approx. 16-20 bottles of this stuff on the shelf in the garage. I also have 8-10 bottles of the tire coating in the garage as well, but if the trim coating could work I will use that as well. Thanks.
    Yes I’ve tried it. The initial looks are on par with the tire coating, but the longevity isn’t the same, particularly when it comes to it being able to survive cleaning products the way the tire coating can. It does however work pretty well when used as a topper to freshen up the tire coating. I’m on my last bottle of the tire coating and have about 6 bottles of the trim coating which I’ve begun to use as a topper on my tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes I’ve tried it. The initial looks are on par with the tire coating, but the longevity isn’t the same, particularly when it comes to it being able to survive cleaning products the way the tire coating can. It does however work pretty well when used as a topper to freshen up the tire coating. I’m on my last bottle of the tire coating and have about 6 bottles of the trim coating which I’ve begun to use as a topper on my tires.
    Thanks for the info, I kind of figured that. I took a count today and have 7 full bottles of tire coating left and 14 bottles of trim coating. I did however see that Adams Tire Armor is something that looks similar, I ordered some to try out.

Now that I think about it, once my tires are coated I only ever use soap and water (Megs Hyperwash) to clean them, same for the wheels. I may not have a longevity issue. I am going to try it out and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam's ISN'T the same as TW Endura tire coating, Black Pearl IS the same!

10. Thanks spazzz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ge0rge View Post
    Thanks for the info, I kind of figured that. I took a count today and have 7 full bottles of tire coating left and 14 bottles of trim coating. I did however see that Adams Tire Armor is something that looks similar, I ordered some to try out.

Now that I think about it, once my tires are coated I only ever use soap and water (Megs Hyperwash) to clean them, same for the wheels. I may not have a longevity issue. I am going to try it out and see what happens.
    All I do to clean my tires is spray them with Megs D114 and rinse them with the hose. I can’t remember the last time I had to scrub my tires.

Page 117 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast