autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

White wax spots left in stone chips - after detail

Hi all,

I just purchased a used grey Infiniti G37 and had it detailed after having it for a couple months. Interestingly, the car looked nicely detailed when I got it, and had no "white spots" like I see now. I wonder how the used car dealer works around the issue I describe here? Seems like something used car dealerships have figured out pretty well because not of the cars I saw on the lot had this?

I have noticed that a week after the detail, I now have lots of little white spots (wax) on the front bumper and front of the hood. I actually used Dr. Color Chip to fix a deep dent/chip that was on the hood. (I did a little video on that, here it for those interested) - so that is an option I will apply. Dr Colorchip Review - on YouTube

My questions are this:

1) Is there a way to avoid having this happening on the next detail - besides doing the Dr. Colorchip fix.

2) I know I can use Dr. Colorchip for this - but I think you probably need to come pretty close to leveling the chip in order avoid the same issue (wax filling in the small gap). Any comments on this - agree / disagree?

The guy that detailed the car for me says that he's willing to put a sealant (Klass Sealant) followed by P21S carnauba wax on the next detail as I helped him out with some favors - but I don't want to do this and have to deal with all the white spots.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

James
    (Also below - Before after of the deep chips I fixed with Dr. Colorchip)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White wax spots left in stone chips -  after detail-before-after-jpg