autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss #931 Rinseless Wash Mini Review

A shout out to ousooner2 for the free sample of Duragloss #931 Rinseless Wash with Aqua Wax. I used it last night and I must say this product is amazing. My car had been through two rainy days and lots of dust but DG fixed her right up. I typically use Chemical Guys Eco Smart WW because I have so much of it, after using this I will be buying a gallon on my next purchase.

DG has much more gloss than ES and is easier to use. I did however find that the best way to attack the heavier soiled areas is to put some in a spray bottle to pretreat the area prior to wiping with your mitt or towel.

All in all, I give this product 5 starts when used for what it was designed for.

P.S. If you soak a microfiber cloth in it and then wring it out, it makes a great glass cleaner for inside of your car as well. Since you have to buff it afterwards anyway you get a streak free/clean windshield.

No pics at the moment, but I will try to add some later.
    Thomason Car Care
    (423) 883-5944

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good stuff for sure. I just wish they also made a rinseless with no protection. Maybe one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss #931 Rinseless Wash Mini Review

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    It's good stuff for sure. I just wish they also made a rinseless with no protection. Maybe one day.

Why would you want it with no protection? I am new to rinseless so I don't know what the difference is.
    Thomason Car Care
    (423) 883-5944

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasonCarCare View Post
    Why would you want it with no protection? I am new to rinseless so I don't know what the difference is.

If I have a sealant on the car that is very hydrophobic or beads water very nicely the aquawax will interfere and mask the qualities of whatever sealant is lying underneath it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, that makes sense.
    Thomason Car Care
    (423) 883-5944

Post Thanks / Like

great product, put three ounces in a 16oz. bottle and you got yourself an excellent QD that adds a little protection as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a chance to do a rinseless wash last week with DG 931. Amazing stuff! Very easy to use and excellent results.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No problem! Glad ya liked it. I always wondered about putting it on top of your existing sealant or coating and the effects, but I figured it wouldn't have much negative effect. Hopefully some others can chime in on that topic
    '15 Accord EX-L V6 (White)
    '13 Accord Sport (Black) {Sold}
    '13 Civic (White - Wifey's Car)

Post Thanks / Like

That interference with your LSP is the entire problem with some of these car washes, either regular shampoos or rinseless, that contain wax and leave something behind. They may add a little gloss because of the wax they contain but if there is anything on top of your LSP, your paint takes on those characteristics and tends to hide the characteristics of the LSP itself.

For example (and as KillaCam said above), you may be using an LSP that "sheets" water because that is your preference (such as certain sealants) but after using a wash product with "wax" in it like this Duragloss or the new Turtle Wax Wash and Wax rinseless, or any of the many regular wash and wax shampoos on the market, you might find water beading instead of sheeting. I've noticed this many times. You might not like that but you are stuck with it until it wears off which will be rather soon because that little bit of wax contained in car washes does not usually last as long as your LSP. Even the third generation ONR that does not contain wax still leaves something behind that interferes with some LSPs. Another example is that I find DP Poli-coat sealant sheets water more than beads but use the regular ONR afterwards and it will not sheet nearly as well and shows more beading. After a few good rains or a couple of weeks the sheeting returns but not as strong.

This "interference" with LSP is also seen in "toppers" as well as shampoos unless you use the same brand. In the case of Duragloss, "topping" their 111 or 105 with AquaWax should give you the same general effect as washing with the 931. That same thing can be said of their QD called Fast Clean and Shine, which is a real favorite of mine and is just a great QD.

There are some products like Griot's car wash that do not seem to effect the LSP as much. Also CG Clear shampoo at the maintenance ratio. I love PoorBoys Spray and Wipe which is an outstanding waterless wash that cleans better than almost anything. It takes nothing from your LSP but at the same time it adds nothing to your LSP. So there are products out there you can use to clean your car that are virtually neutral on your LSP but you have to hunt them down.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it on top of Collinite 476. Then I spray Aquawax on it anyway. How stupid is that? I'm not sure there is any additional benefit to spray waxing it. Maybe. It doesn't hurt the Collinite, but then, what does?

The price is pretty good too, like most Duragloss products.

One minor criticism. I'm in the habit of washing my towels, (Garry Dean Method), then taking them from the washer and putting them back in the bucket with the hooch I plan to use next week--saves drying. I have a lid for the bucket, of course.

In warm weather the Duragloss solution will go sour (although it still works OK) if I leave it in the garage for a couple of weeks instead of my customary one. I sort of doubt for some reason that the other brands would do that.