autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best beading product?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    You give a bunch of what ifs….. what if Scott doesn’t use the actual product. What if he applies it wrong what if racoons pee on it everynight.

Scott doesn’t get payed from the manufacturer but gets paid from his viewers and YouTube. Would it not benefit for him to find the latest and greatest to keep viewers interested.

So maybe he reapply’s product nightly in order to get diamond in the rough and the new latest and greatest?

We get check ins every couple if months without knowing whats going in with the hood? Sounds “anecdotal” with pictures to me.

The people here give there actual reviews. Most when they do are using the product alot of times post reviews and use on there video’s

I think you are just sad/frustrated because you say this product is so amazing with no actual review or pics. (anecdotal? You didn’t bring Scott into it till you got push back) and got luke warm reception.

Then you bring Scotts video (anecdotal) which probably has less validity then your anecdote on this site.

The thing is as a Scott Fan you believe in his words and trust what he does behind the sceens more than the folks on AG. I and most here do not.

Scott makes money from his video’s and the people here do not. I trust in that. He “outted” Pan…. Why? To get more interest in his “honest testing”. Sounds like a snake oil sales pitch to

. I’m not trying to change your views as I understand that I can’t. So again I’ll leave it at we’ll agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And just so we are on the same page, I do agree with you on a lot of things. There is no perfect test in the real world for these products. That being said, if I’m on the west, southern or south east side of the United States, sun exposure is 1000% relevant to the coatings performance. If I can’t park my car outside, then the coating is useless to me

That being said, I have used CanCoat many times and it is a product I still use. I love it though it has its cons. It smells horrible, can be streaky in certain conditions. Based on my initial observations, it isn’t a surprise that Scott’s test shows CanCoat slightly worse than the new Meguires. It is just my opinion the Meguires is overlooked because it’s sprayable and doesn’t say ceramic.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVDetailing View Post
    we’ve gone way past the “hybrid paint coating” is a good product discussion and have gone into conspiracy territory. I get it. People have been pushing X product to last X years based on everyone’s “experience” with it. It really sucks to find out the product can’t even last in the sun for a few months, so of course everyone is going to try and discredit a test. Honestly don’t really care about the Meguiar’s product because at the end of the day, people end up reading a label and make up their minds based on if the package says X years and XH hardness.

my opinion is anecdotal as is yours. But I can see many people struggle with the definition of objective vs subjective. To me personally, Scott is doing a good job especially when people go out of their way to discredit what looks to be the most objective side-by-side on YouTube.
    I’m not discrediting just feel there’s so many other circumstances that i don’t credit really any testing….

And with most i don’t think it’s his testing…. It’s him.

I found this to be the most subjective testing for Northern Climates. Again still not loving it but i think it’s most realistic test. Still has alot of faults.

Shocking FINAL Results After Testing 26 Different Protection Products On My Car - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

In Scott we trust Best beading product?

My advice. Is to post a long term thread on here with your experience with Meguiar’s. Not just text but photos and videos. And finally without any toppers.

Then we can include your experience as a data point.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    In Scott we trust Best beading product?

My advice. Is to post a long term thread on here with your experience with Meguiar’s. Not just text but photos and videos. And finally without any toppers.

Then we can include your experience as a data point.
    Never said my opinion and observations were a data point, which is why I pointed to Scott’s test.

I still don’t get why there is no concern for products that can’t even hold up on a “hood sitting outside”. Bare minimum a product should hold up through Scott’s test at least a year if the product claims 5 years. No longevity claims should include toppers or recoats.

if you also think about it, he has the panels leaning against a shed, so it’s possible that the hoods are only exposed to a fraction of the sun.

the Chicago auto pros test, while a cool test, again is flawed because products on a hood aren’t exposed to the same variables as something on a rocker panel.

what Chicago auto pros COULD do is make a grid of five to six products and apply that exact grid to certain sections of a car. You have all six on the hood, door panel, roof, trunk. That may flesh out what products perform better against road salts and sun.

again, just because something lasts 2 years in Scott’s test, like Meguires wax or griots ceramic 3-in-1 doesn’t mean it will actually last that long. It just means relative to other products, that they hold up better against heat and UV

Post Thanks / Like

My point being is for you to create a thread on here and state your observations over the course of the year with the Meguiar’s product. Possibly even a side by side next to CanCoat. It’s a reference point for whoever looks up the product.

Anyway the way Meguiar’s has been going lately, it wouldn’t surprise me if they discontinue this product a year from now.

I personally could care less about Scott’s test or whether or not you like the Meguiar’s products. Coatings is stating that he values the information from forum members rather than YouTubers which is compliment to those forum members.

Those of us who have been on this forum for a long time can see through the fluff of YouTubers. Which is how Pan was outed on here and is no longer spamming this forum with just his videos and not chiming in to help others.

A true test to any coating is exposing it to Mother Nature, driving the vehicle and washing it. Sitting outside not see abrasion from weekly or bi-weekly washings doesn’t state much other than it getting hit with some kind of weather. Ok cool it survived getting some guck on it as dirt has been known to clog a coating of not washing as a routine.

The Chicago auto pros was a more accurate test as that car saw Mother Nature.

As Mike Phillips used to say find what you like and use it often.

8. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes opie, Jayfro, BudgetPlan1, CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    My point being is for you to create a thread on here and state your observations over the course of the year with the Meguiar’s product. Possibly even a side by side next to CanCoat. It’s a reference point for whoever looks up the product.

Anyway the way Meguiar’s has been going lately, it wouldn’t surprise me if they discontinue this product a year from now.

I personally could care less about Scott’s test or whether or not you like the Meguiar’s products. Coatings is stating that he values the information from forum members rather than YouTubers which is compliment to those forum members.

Those of us who have been on this forum for a long time can see through the fluff of YouTubers. Which is how Pan was outed on here and is no longer spamming this forum with just his videos and not chiming in to help others.

A true test to any coating is exposing it to Mother Nature, driving the vehicle and washing it. Sitting outside not see abrasion from weekly or bi-weekly washings doesn’t state much other than it getting hit with some kind of weather. Ok cool it survived getting some guck on it as dirt has been known to clog a coating of not washing as a routine.

The Chicago auto pros was a more accurate test as that car saw Mother Nature.

As Mike Phillips used to say find what you like and use it often.
    i 100% agree with most of what you said. But again, I reiterate, at least Scott’s tests expose all the products to the same exact variables. The Chicago auto pros test is similar to pans. Different products on different sections of the car really tell us nothing about relative performance between any products. Whatever product gets put on a rear quarter panel is automatically going to get knocked down as they have shown, pretty much most products don’t survive hard water/salt spray constantly being put on the paint. Nothing can handle certain things and that includes the paint itself, your shower doors, your toilet etc.

again, thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVDetailing View Post
    i 100% agree with most of what you said. But again, I reiterate, at least Scott’s tests expose all the products to the same exact variables. The Chicago auto pros test is similar to pans. Different products on different sections of the car really tell us nothing about relative performance between any products. Whatever product gets put on a rear quarter panel is automatically going to get knocked down as they have shown, pretty much most products don’t survive hard water/salt spray constantly being put on the paint. Nothing can handle certain things and that includes the paint itself, your shower doors, your toilet etc.

again, thanks for your input.
    I thought this thread was about the best beading products and not about testing.

Eddie, you should start your own thread on testing and UTubers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I thought this thread was about the best beading products and not about testing.

Eddie, you should start your own thread on testing and UTubers.
    my mistake for bringing up any YouTube comparison. My main point was that hybrid coating by Meguires was one of the best beading products I’ve ever used and then CanCoat got brought up as a comparison, so I had referenced the water behavior on scotts test. Obviously a lot of angst against comparative you tubers on these forums and no reasoning with people about it either.

Post Thanks / Like

Best beading product?

Lol….reasoning. Goes both ways…..

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was inquiring about "beading" with a BH product so I asked them whether beading is important:

"Beading of water does not give any indication of protection at all but it’s the noticeable thing and that’s what people seem to like"

The only thing beading is good for is air drying the car, self-cleaning and if you like watching it.

15. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast