autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best beading product?

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    I just picked up the following Meguiars products; Hybrid Paint Coating, Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax and Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. I am debating using them on one of my vehicles for the winter. I know Sonax PNS with a monthly top off with BSD can handle Pennsylvania winters pretty well. I just put the PNS on our other car. Love everything about PNS and BSD except for wipe off of the PNS, and the fact both of them are non slippery to the touch. If the Meguiars trio can get me a year, and add the ease of wipe off and slippery feel, that would be a huge win. I have watched MK's Details & Deep Dives on YouTube. This guy used to work for Meguiars and helped develop all of these products. According to him, HCW and HCD are both great topper for HPC, but will probably not stick to well for the 1st 6 months at least due to HPC pretty much rejecting anything adhering to it. He stated if you wait more than 1 hour to apply a 2nd coat of HPC to itself, it will have started curing enough that it will try to reject itself.
    Good choices. I thought about going with PNS/BSD as well or the HPC/m799. I used HCD by itself and was blown away by how hydrophobic it is. Great stuff and one of the best toppers IMO. HCD applies so easily I think you'll really like it.

MK's videos were really good. As you said he was behind the development of those products. I think he's no longer with Meguiar's anymore.

2. Likes RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest45 View Post
    This has been my experience with most
    beading products. A leaf blower just pushes them around the surface rather than off the car.

If a vertical panel holds water beads is it really hydrophobic? Not in my opinion.
    I HIGHLY suggest looking into Hybrid Paint Coating. Very round beads and they slide off like butter. Nothing like it out there.

4. Likes CleanIT, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of everything i’ve tried nothing beads then sheets like Polish angel Cosmic, Kamikaze OverCoat and Gyeon Wax. Tried all of the for mentioned except some of the waxes and Megs 799.

Got Nova Lustre and Jet to play with soon.

The Megs Ceramic coating looks good but read it’s good for 1-2 cars depending on layers.

For the price you could get CanCoat and get 5-6 cars with 2layers.

Performance wise i be impressed if the Megs could keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVDetailing View Post
    I HIGHLY suggest looking into Hybrid Paint Coating. Very round beads and they slide off like butter. Nothing like it out there.
    It would be interesting to see how this stacks up to CanCoat. I'm guessing it would be pretty close. It's a shame this product was poorly marketed or overshadowed by HCW. Probably harder to sell non sio2 products these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Out of everything i’ve tried nothing beads then sheets like Polish angel Cosmic, Kamikaze OverCoat and Gyeon Wax. Tried all of the for mentioned except some of the waxes and Megs 799.

Got Nova Lustre and Jet to play with soon.

The Megs Ceramic coating looks good but read it’s good for 1-2 cars depending on layers.

For the price you could get CanCoat and get 5-6 cars with 2layers.

Performance wise i be impressed if the Megs could keep up.

Ceramic Coating Longevity Test - 41 WAY - The ULTIMATE comparison test - UPDATE 08 -5 MONTHS - YouTube

Scott HD test. CanCoat right above HPC. CanCoat is already degrading compared to HPC after 5 months.

9. Thanks RPPM thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, RPPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best beading product?

Ceramic Coating Longevity Test - 41 WAY - The ULTIMATE comparison test - UPDATE 08 -5 MONTHS - YouTube

Scott HD test. CanCoat right above HPC. CanCoat is already degrading compared to HPC after 5 months.
    I’m not a Scott HD fan and i’m basing this on mine and most everyone here’s testing. From video Cancoat doesn’t look to perform any worse than The Megs. Not knocking the megs.... never said Cancoat was better. Said i’d be i’d impressed with Meg’s if it could keep up as alot of trusted people here vouch for CanCoat and it is proven.

I did say you get alot less applications from Megs and Scott’s video doesn’t change that statement

Easily performed well for 14+ months. Stopped watching Scott when he went all cry baby during his pan wars.

11. Likes BudgetPlan1, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His tests are not really gospel when it comes to durability. A data point? Sure. But the true test is actually using it for oneself.

He doesn’t always get the application right. Just like The dude from ChicagoAuto Pros and even Pan.

One thing to note is Gyeon claims CanCoat as a 6 month coating and yet it exceeds that mark each time. The fact it can get 9-15 months is rather impressive for what it is.

Meguiar’s claims there’s to be 1 year. Will see if it lives up to that claim even in Scott’s test.

One thing about Scott is he needs to stop the BS bashing of other YouTubers. I mean nobody really cares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    His tests are not really gospel when it comes to durability. A data point? Sure. But the true test is actually using it for oneself.
    Always figrd if I needed a product to protect a car sitting on cinder blocks in Texas, I'd look further into his tests. Silly to think a car sloggin' around the Winter freeways in Cleveland would show the same results.

He did do a nice vid on the level of defects that PPF covers up so I'll give him that. The 'Geraldo Rivera' exposure vids were extraordinarily dumb though...bothy whiny and disingenuous. Not much of a fan of any YouTube 'testers' though, including Apex who many consider infallible. :shrug:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Always figrd if I needed a product to protect a car sitting on cinder blocks in Texas, I'd look further into his tests. Silly to think a car sloggin' around the Winter freeways in Cleveland would show the same results.

He did do a nice vid on the level of defects that PPF covers up so I'll give him that. The 'Geraldo Rivera' exposure vids were extraordinarily dumb though...bothy whiny and disingenuous. Not much of a fan of any YouTube 'testers' though, including Apex who many consider infallible. :shrug:
    Good point. Apex just throws high alkaline APC's at these products so it's definitely not indicative of real world performance. I've gotten different results than Apex has with some products. I don't agree with a lot of his outcomes and where he ranks some of these products. With that said though I do like that he appears to be unbiased in terms of brands and is not just saying every brand is good etc.

15. Likes BudgetPlan1, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

He doesn’t always get the application right. Just like The dude from ChicagoAuto Pros and even Pan.

One thing to note is Gyeon claims CanCoat as a 6 month coating and yet it exceeds that mark each time. The fact it can get 9-15 months is rather impressive for what it is.

Meguiar’s claims there’s to be 1 year. Will see if it lives up to that claim even in Scott’s test.

One thing about Scott is he needs to stop the BS bashing of other YouTubers. I mean nobody really cares.
    there’s not much more you could ask for when it comes to a large controlled test that exposes the products to the same variables. Same paint, same heat, same UV. It stands to reason that if something performs better relative to the other in this test, then it would very likely outperform it in the real world. It sure is a “data point” that is better than any other data point that exists. Anecdotal evidence does not count.

in general I’ve noticed people become dismissive of the test when the outcome doesn’t meet their expectations or perceptions. Unfortunate but this is a reality. Many installers overpromising their customers when the product just isn’t that good.

17. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast