autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Perfect Finish & Nano Polish vs. Menzerna line ??

Post Thanks / Like

I will say this, several years ago I tried a Menzerna product and while it worked I didn't really feel that it lived up to all the hype. I guess if you have ceramic clear, Menzerna is probably the best choice.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both Menzerna and Sonic Perfect Finish products and find I use Sonic Perfect finish the most because its versatile and finishes beautiful. I can just grab it and go and I don't have to over think it. However if you have alot of Menzerna product I would just use it up. Both companies make top notch products.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax has worked well for me. More recently, I purchased some of their pads to see how that might change the results. I'll be using it on a 1997 318ti pretty soon...

Post Thanks / Like

Great video. He even talks about how it's superior to EX 04-06 in the comments section, which I think addresses one of the earlier comments in this thread...

That's one of the biggest problems I find with various detailing products - the branding and rebranding, with no clear delineation on which way to go. No company is going to really say, "ya this new product is superior to the old one so just trash it".

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgeorgan View Post
    Great video. He even talks about how it's superior to EX 04-06 in the comments section, which I think addresses one of the earlier comments in this thread...

That's one of the biggest problems I find with various detailing products - the branding and rebranding, with no clear delineation on which way to go. No company is going to really say, "ya this new product is superior to the old one so just trash it".
    Its seems to me at least EX 04-06 as a lot of mixed reviews so i just stick with perfect finish. I enjoy the non dimishing polishes though lately. Don't have to worry about breaking it down. And the 2 i have 3D one and DA fine from rupes really cleans up the paint quickly. Great for driveway detailing. I recently just short cycled my roof with da fine and there yellow pad. It cleaned up the roof very nicely. I stopped chasing perfection, in a garage setting i would.

I also done a 1 step on my doors with 3D one and the yellow rupes pad. Also looks great, again not professional level but my friends noticed it.

7. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Also looks great, again not professional level but my friends noticed it.
    “Professional” level isn’t consistent so I’d say your results are probably better than many, many professionals.

9. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    “Professional” level isn’t consistent so I’d say your results are probably better than many, many professionals.
    I am happy with them. But i still won't stare at my paint up close for very long! But she pops. Its a bluestreak metallic from toyota its a very nice looking paint and fun to work on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I am happy with them. But i still won't stare at my paint up close for very long! But she pops. Its a bluestreak metallic from toyota its a very nice looking paint and fun to work on.
    I bought my burgundy metallic Acura TL used so I’m focused on the 3 feet look. Any closer and you’ll see where the previous owner let bird droppings etch and other issues. But it only had 43,000 miles when I bought it at 7 years old and was always taken to the local Acura dealer for maintenance so I couldn’t pass it up. Still drives like new, well better because I put Conti DWS-06 tires on.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I bought my burgundy metallic Acura TL used so I’m focused on the 3 feet look. Any closer and you’ll see where the previous owner let bird droppings etch and other issues. But it only had 43,000 miles when I bought it at 7 years old and was always taken to the local Acura dealer for maintenance so I couldn’t pass it up. Still drives like new, well better because I put Conti DWS-06 tires on.
    Nice i just done a quick search and pulled up some pictures. That color would be great to work on too.

Yeah i have a second hand car has well. It's a 2016 special edition camry that was leased - i tookover the lease with about 14 mths left i believe. It was taken care of relatively well besides all the stone chips. I met the owner, it was mostly highway driven. Its the best car i ever had, i only had 1 new car but close to 15 cars over my lifetime. Thats why i fell in the detailing rabbit hole lol Not a big fan of car payments so i want to have this car for a longtime. I've had the car for over 2 years and i have about 50,000 miles or 80,000 KM's and its my car not the banks.

Saving now for a lump sum for a small hatchback for my young family in the Philippines. Toyota wigo or honda brio i think it called.

13. Likes dgage liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123