autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to Clean Carpet Mats

First off, dont use Woolite, it has no place in detailing. Use a dedicated carpet cleaner. The same thing goes for leather, do not use Woolite, use a product designed for leather.

You want to thoroughly vacuum the carpet. Then treat stains with a spotting agent. Then spray on your carpet cleaner and extract. Allow to air dry.
    Last edited by D; 02-04-2008 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write up! I haven't cleaned matts ever, well except with folex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice write up. Thanks for the details. Good tip on removing the filter. I've forgotten to do that before and it sure makes a mess of the filter.

That brush attachment for the PC is cool. Where would I find one?

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a must have for detailers IMO. I use the brush on all the carpet. Cant find it anywhere else, Interior cleaning and conditioning guide: everything from upholstery seats to vinyl protection. odor remover, vinyl cleaner, vinyl protectant, carpet

Post Thanks / Like
    I get excellent results with a dry surfactant foam and brushing. Its nice b/c you can do it quickly and drying time after vac is nil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy that makes me feel like a lazy bum. I spray them down with a little water, spray them with amazing roll off cut 50/50, blast em with the power washer, and clamp them to the fence to dry in the sun. That's for our cars, paying folks get better treatment.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    It only takes about 10- 15 min and they were dry after 1 pass with the vac. I could understand using the foam on a carpet mat, but never on interior carpet. A lot of those foams will leave the carpet sticky and gross. You could actually use that foam, then pressure wash the mat months later and soap will flow out. The foam is impossible to remove without using an extractor or pressure washer. This method gets all of the soap out and leaves the carpet smelling good and soft. Woolite is also very cheap, especially when diluting it to 8:1.

Maybe the foam stuff you're talking about is something different? Im talking about the stuff that is sold by Turtle Wax, Blue Coral, etc.

For the inside carpet I use DP total interior cleaner with the brush. Same method, just no rinsing. The DP dries up VERY nicely without leaving any residue. No need to spray it with water or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dan. After I clicked on the link I recalled that I had seen the brush before. Man it sucks to get old. You know your memory is the second thing to go when you get older. I'd tell ya what the first thing is, but I can't remember. LOL!

I will add a brush or two to my next AG order.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    Thanks Dan. After I clicked on the link I recalled that I had seen the brush before. Man it sucks to get old. You know your memory is the second thing to go when you get older. I'd tell ya what the first thing is, but I can't remember. LOL!

I will add a brush or two to my next AG order.
    Hahahaha, good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing Dan. Something else that we do almost identical but I've been using a 6:1 dilution and brushing by hand. I'm changing to your technique 8:1 and PC brush. You made it look easier and better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast